CAELinux 2010?

More
13 years 8 months ago #4427 by rui simoes
Replied by rui simoes on topic Re:CAELinux 2010?
yes i do understand that softwares (everything) evolute.

by the way,
does your salome meca always starts the post pro after finishing the solver ?

i'll post this Question in the right forum.

rui

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #4439 by JMB
Replied by JMB on topic Re:CAELinux 2010?
Administrator wrote:

Thank you all for your feedback...

I still have to add OpenFOAM and Calculix; and to fix Code-Saturne's CFDSTUDY module for Salome.

@Peter: I will update the config files and add some autoconfiguration scripts to automate the "dynamic" changes of config files and ssh server config (mostly updating the config when the hostname changes).
Joël

Hello Joel,

Thank you for CAELinux2010! I installed it on an Intel Quad Core PC and am running some tests on it using the MPI version [deleted the rest]. I was wrong in a conclusion I was making...

Secondly, I have a suggestion and a request. When you include Calculix would you also include Berhardi's medaba10 utility that can translate MED files to Abaqus format so that Salome models to Calculix becomes a reality...

Thanks and let me know if you need any more details. Keep up the great work!

Regards,
JMB<br /><br />Post edited by: JMB, at: 2010/07/18 03:58

More
13 years 8 months ago #4441 by wwiki
Replied by wwiki on topic Re:CAELinux 2010?
I tested this pre-version . It's work.
I'm waiting for salome-meca2010 and CS.

Thank you.

More
13 years 8 months ago #4489 by florante
Replied by florante on topic Re:CAELinux 2010?
Hi ,

do you have any outlook on when could CAELinux2010 be going out? I might have to wait for this than installing the 2009 .

thanks

Florante

More
13 years 7 months ago #4508 by Joël Cugnoni
Replied by Joël Cugnoni on topic Re:CAELinux 2010?
Hello everybody,

After some long time spent trying to debug issues that where discovered in the first Beta version, I am really happy to announce that CAELinux 2010 has reached the Release Candidate stage: in other words this version is finalized and is just waiting for some larger scale testing... so I am waiting for your comments and as soon as I have a good confidence that no major bug remains, I will turn it into the &quot;Release&quot; version.

You can download CAELinux 2010 RC on the ftp as before:

[code:1]username: cae-linux
password: salome
server: caelinux.dyndns.org
path: distrib/caelinux2010

(edit: now it's the right link...)
[/code:1]

or use the following url in your favorite browser:
tinyurl.com/36xrla7

The ISO image is ~3.7Gb, it contains Salome-Meca 2010, Aster 10.1 MPI, Code-Saturne (MPI) with Syrthes, Gerris (MPI), Elmer+ElmerGUI (MPI), EnGrid, GMSH, Netgen, Calculix, OpenFOAM (MPI), Impact (SMP), Discretizer, MbDyn with Blender interface, Paraview, QtOctave, FreeMat, FreeCad, wxMaxima, RkWard and a lot of data analysis / plotting apps.

The issues related to GRUB installation have been solved; but Code-Saturne CFDSTUDY module for Salome-Meca still hangs randomly.. even after a lot of hours debugging the code, I could not find a solution to this problem; so I don recommend to use the Salome CFDSTUDY module for now. Instead you can use the simple Code-Saturne wizard that I wrote... Now ssh server and keys as well as Aster config files are automatically configured to work in all cases!

On my computers, this version works perfectly in LiveDVD or liveUSB mode. I still need to test a full install on a clean machine, but all the intermediate versions that I have installed until now have worked well so it should not be a big risk for you to try the installation.

I hope that you will enjoy this RC version and let me know what you think about it!

Joël Cugnoni

Post edited by: Administrator, at: 2010/08/04 14:52<br /><br />Post edited by: Administrator, at: 2010/08/07 21:55

Joël Cugnoni - a.k.a admin
www.caelinux.com

More
13 years 7 months ago #4509 by florante
Replied by florante on topic Re:CAELinux 2010?
Administrator wrote:

Hello everybody,

After some long time spent trying to debug issues that where discovered in the first Beta version, I am really happy to announce that CAELinux 2010 has reached the Release Candidate stage: in other words this version is finalized and is just waiting for some larger scale testing... so I am waiting for your comments and as soon as I have a good confidence that no major bug remains, I will turn it into the &quot;Release&quot; version.

You can download CAELinux 2010 RC on the ftp as before:

[code:1]username: cae-linux
password: salome
server: caelinux.dyndns.org
path: distrib/caelinux2010.pre[/code:1]

The ISO image is ~3.7Gb, it contains Salome-Meca 2010, Aster 10.1 MPI, Code-Saturne (MPI) with Syrthes, Gerris (MPI), Elmer+ElmerGUI (MPI), EnGrid, GMSH, Netgen, Calculix, OpenFOAM (MPI), Impact (SMP), Discretizer, MbDyn with Blender interface, Paraview, QtOctave, FreeMat, FreeCad, wxMaxima, RkWard and a lot of data analysis / plotting apps.

The issues related to GRUB installation have been solved; but Code-Saturne CFDSTUDY module for Salome-Meca still hangs randomly.. even after a lot of hours debugging the code, I could not find a solution to this problem; so I don recommend to use the Salome CFDSTUDY module for now. Instead you can use the simple Code-Saturne wizard that I wrote... Now ssh server and keys as well as Aster config files are automatically configured to work in all cases!

On my computers, this version works perfectly in LiveDVD or liveUSB mode. I still need to test a full install on a clean machine, but all the intermediate versions that I have installed until now have worked well so it should not be a big risk for you to try the installation.

I hope that you will enjoy this RC version and let me know what you think about it!

Joël Cugnoni&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;Post edited by: Administrator, at: 2010/08/04 14:52

GREAT!!!!! I will download this tomorrow and run a virtualbox.

You did it again Joel. Thank you.

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds