CAELinux 2010?

More
13 years 10 months ago #4248 by Claus
Replied by Claus on topic Re:CAELinux 2010?
Leave it to you to announce a new version just after I predicted you were too busy ;)

In any event, I think including the ACML/MPI (why not Intel btw?) is a good idea, seeing how much of a bother is it to get MPI+MUMPS to play along nicely atm. Im sure I can rip the version off the Live disc.

Which applications do you spend most time adapting to CAELinux, in case they should require a special page on the wiki? Forget about ASTER/MUMPS/MPI, Im not touching that one with a 10ft geek-pole :whistle: but I don't use that many of the included apps. so I don't know which needs to be installed and adapted manually.

Keep up the great work :side:

Code_Aster release : STA11.4 on OpenSUSE 12.3 64 bits - EDF/Intel version

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #4249 by Joël Cugnoni
Replied by Joël Cugnoni on topic Re:CAELinux 2010?
Hi everyone,

as you will notice, i have taken a couple of days of holiday that I dedicate to the development of the new CAELinux 2010. As I am now progressing relatively fast, I decided to upload my current ISO image so that you can try it while I am working on it...

The ISO can be downloaded through FTP:

username: cae-linux
password: salome
server: caelinux.dyndns.org
path: distrib/caelinux2010.pre

The current image is ~3.4Gb, it contains Salome-Meca, Aster 10.1 MPI, Code-Saturne with Syrthes, Gerris, Elmer, EnGrid, GMSH, Netgen, Latex, a lot of Math / plotting apps . Calculix and OpenFOAM are not included yet.

It works perfectly in LiveDVD mode on my AMD system and the installer works well also... You will notice also that hardware compatibility is much better than the old release (at least for recent PC).

I hope that you will enjoy it!

@Claus:
Thank you, but actually, i don't need much help for compiling the codes in their "stand alone" standard installation flavour; the really tricky part is to integrate things like my own Aster version in Salome-Meca or to make Saturne's CFDStudy module work with Salome-Meca... or make sure that the system seamlessly reconfigures the applications to have verything working without manual tuning (SSH server, keys, xhost, astk config). So at this stage, what I am trying to do is loosely documented and is closer to debugging/reverse engineering than a standard well described installation of code.
Anyway, I think that any document will be REALLY useful for others to learn how to compile their own versions. The fact is that I have some notes for my installations, but these are really far from being an understandable document for everyone (it's just a list of reminders, comments, changes wrt the standard install procedure). To be efficient, I gave up documenting all my tasks.. So any contribution to the documentation will most probably serve!

PS: I am currently uploading the file and it is very slow from here, so don't try to download it before 15.5 at 12:00 GMT

Joël Cugnoni - a.k.a admin
www.caelinux.com

More
13 years 10 months ago #4250 by Sylvain
Replied by Sylvain on topic Re:CAELinux 2010?
Hi,

Thanks for the upload !
I want to know what is the distribution ? Ubuntu Lucid ?

More
13 years 10 months ago #4251 by Joël Cugnoni
Yes, its based on Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx AMD64

www.caelinux.com

More
13 years 10 months ago #4252 by Joël Cugnoni
Just to update you: the upload is still in progress but terribly slow: it will be finished around 14:00 GMT...

PS: upload is finished now, you can download the image !

PS#2: I have tested the new image on:
AMD Phenom II X4, AMD 4650 PCIe
Intel Core2Duo laptop with a Nvidia 7600Go
AMD Athlon X2, NVidia 6600GT
In all three systems, the graphic card and screen resolution are perfectly recognized (was not always the case with 8.04) and the new open source drivers provide a very decent 3D hardware performance for both cards out of the box! So there is no absolute need for installing a proprietary driver anymore... which should be of great help for beginners!<br /><br />Post edited by: Administrator, at: 2010/05/15 17:50

www.caelinux.com

More
13 years 10 months ago #4253 by Sylvain
Replied by Sylvain on topic Re:CAELinux 2010?
Ok thanks !

Great job.
I have some troubles with Ubuntu Lucid and the last release of SALOME-MECA. You can see here :
www.code-aster.org/forum2/viewtopic.php?id=13830&p=1

If you want to purpose a solution ...

Thanks

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds