Heat transfer coefficient in Code-Aster

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #6514 by Alex

MarcoM wrote: It's look good try to run

No use. The same copy error :(

I've tried to create a totally new mesh and use tplp300a.comm that I got from keeswouters but there's an error too:
TYPE = exceptions.KeyError
Value = 6
What's that supposed to mean?
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Alex.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #6517 by Marco
the same copy error message, but different error by your hand, in the mesh i can find 4 group: two surface group, one nodes group, one volume group all called imp (????) no z1 and z0 group that are expressed in .comm file.
you have to define in geometry and then in mesh the group for which you are assigning bc in the .comm file. in this case you have z1, z0 and imp ....then you have to define 3 surface group to apply your boundary conditions.

File Attachment:

File Name: Mesh_1.unv.zip
File Size:31 KB

go to mesh/import Mesh1.unv and try to run the new case
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Marco.

More
11 years 5 months ago #6518 by Alex
Hoooray. Status (ОК). I'll go get drunk. :laugh:

And what are the results I got? Scalar map shows temperature, right? Is it Celcium or Kelvins?
And where can I see Heat flow, that I wanted so bad? Is it in resu file? There's a table down there containing info I don't get.

By the way, I've said at first that I know temperature surface but I was wrong. I know only the air temperature on the inside and outside of the wall. And I know the value for the surface coefficient of heat transfer (W/m2 * 0C).

Anyway, thank you so much that you're helping me. You've been very patient and responsive. I'll try to figure out the info in this OK file in order not to do that Copy error again. Surely, that command thing in Eficas is still a Chinese puzzle for me but now the whole thing is becoming not so dark.

More
11 years 5 months ago #6519 by Marco
aster is dimensionless it reply with the units you gave, also aster reply to the "questions" in .comm file, if you desire thermal flux i think you have to find the comand to add to IMPR_RESU(FORMAT='MED',
RESU=_F(RESULTAT=TEMP,),);

efficas can help you finding the command you need and compiling your comm file so moified.

good luck

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #6520 by Alex

MarcoM wrote: to IMPR_RESU(FORMAT='MED',
RESU=_F(RESULTAT=TEMP,),);

You mean I can add a extra info display in IMPR_RESU? There's 3 choices there Modele, Info, Resu. For instance, if I choose Resu again it'll become red. I can't choose Resu twice in the same file, can I? Documentation isn't very helpfull to understand which option I should choose to get info about flux.

MarcoM wrote: efficas can help you finding the command you need and compiling your comm file so moified.

I wish Eficas to be friendly as you say. How can it help finding anything? You mean those documentation button that I can use every time?
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Alex.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #6765 by Alex
I've already improved in problem I've been discussing here.
But still there are some difficulties.
MarcoM has been telling about LIAISON_MAIL command. I've met this one in two operators AFFE_CHAR_MECA and AFFE_CHAR_THER.
As I guess (corrent me if I'm wrong) MECA is obviously used for the mechanical problem solution and THER for thermal.
But I'm solving thermal problem, so I need to use LIAISON_MAIL in AFFE_CHAR_THER.
Can anyone please help me in understanding its syntax.
For instance I don't understand the difference between GROUP_MA_MAIT and GROUP_MA_ESCL?
And what is MAILLE_MAIT (ESCL)?

I'll try to guess MAILLE_ is the whole mesh whose faces I assign in GROUP_MA_. Right?

And MAIT is used when I work with mesh (and its groups) only. ESCL is used when I'm also working with nodes. Right?

Thx in advance.

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds