Heat transfer coefficient in Code-Aster

More
11 years 5 months ago #6480 by Marco
Hi, to solve your problem you can't use salome wizard, all the command you want to use in salome will be contained in a example.comm file , wizard create an example.comm file in the working folder, to compile in a easy way the example.comm file you can use efficace in salome (button on the righ tside of the toolbar) and choose the example.comm file create by wizard.
Once compiled (using efficace) your .comm file come back in salome/aster choos ad new case and select your .comm file.
Efficace is very user friendly and follow you step by step in compiling aster command file (take in to account that all aster documentation could be found www.code-aster.org/V2/doc/v10/en/?lang=en)
the command you interested would be something like this:

LOADING=AFFE_CHAR_THER(MODELE=MODEL,
ECHANGE=(_F(GROUP_MA='imp',
COEF_H=2000,
TEMP_EXT=437,),)

to give different lambda (constant in temperature?) you have to define different solid in geometry environment or different solid_group, in first case you have to create a compound

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #6482 by Alex
MarcoM, thank you so much. Now it became much more clear. I'll try to do as you advise. Surely I'll be asking a lot of questions anyway, but now I'm at least starting to get the picture. Thank you again!

MarcoM wrote: to give different lambda (constant in temperature?) you have to define different solid in geometry environment or different solid_group, in first case you have to create a compound

Imagine a wall of a building. For example, it consists of bricks and insulation. The inner surface of such wall has got 20 degrees, the outer -20. And I want to do thermal analysis of this construction and find out its resistance to heat transfer (m2*K/W) or heat flow rate (W/m2) throuth it.
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Alex.

More
11 years 5 months ago #6483 by Marco
you have to consider the thiknes of insulation and briks, if it is greatly different you have to consider eachone a standalone body , in order to have a good mesh, than you can use the command liasion_mail to consider a perfect contact between insulation adn bricks, than you can use two different lambda one for each body
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #6487 by Alex
Well, at first glance Eficas (especially in French) doesn't look very friendly.
If I didn't misunderstand you I should just open *.comm file that was made by Code Aster? Or I should create a clean one and then open it with Aster in Salome?

And actually I still don't understand how to operate with those codes that you've given me even using Efficace. Right now trying to find any tutorials for it. I hope they'll help.

Buy anyway I've tried to create new case using tplp300a.comm from this thread. And my mesh from the working file. Aster generated an error.

MarcoM wrote: a standalone body , in order to have a good mesh

like two boxes put closely to each other?

MarcoM wrote: liasion_mail

and where is it located? or it's not a button and I have to do it through efficace as well?
Attachments:

More
11 years 5 months ago #6488 by Marco
you can create e file .comm using wizard in order to have a working dummy .comm. than you can modify it with efficas (belive me is simple you have only to undestand how it work), in the windows on the left side you have to select affe_chear_ther, on the windows on the right you choose "nouvelle commande", cliccking in the windows on the right you will ad a command in the left side (and then once saved in the file .comm), the command will be red until all the arguments will be expressed .
If you are interested in undestand code_aster code you can take a look here cfd.mace.manchester.ac.uk/twiki/bin/view/Aster/WebHome docs An_introduction to_code_aster_ 1.pdf , i suggest you to approch to code_aster code using efficas
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #6489 by Alex
Getting better. Tried to do your code in my comm (created by Aster module). But there's still red color. Why so?

And where to see the results in the end?
Attachments:

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds