More
14 years 3 months ago #3810 by Michele Mocciola
Replied by Michele Mocciola on topic Re:other prgrms
I absolutely agree with Claus :)
More
13 years 9 months ago #4504 by rui simoes
Replied by rui simoes on topic Re:other prgrms
yes, same tutorial would be great.

i was trying to build a model in solid works with lines only.
but then I cant import it.

or if i build a model 3d with salome, aster wont run.
i'll try to upload the mess file.

" Matrice non factorisable
Si le solveur linéaire est LDLT ou MULT_FRONT on sait en plus que: !
- pivot est vraiment nul à la ligne 383 !
- pour le noeud N61 et la composante DZ "

can you help me with this?
rui

Attachment study21.gz not found

Attachments:
More
13 years 9 months ago #4523 by kwou
Replied by kwou on topic Re:other prgrms
Hoi Rui

your problem with the mesh it that all ends of the beams contain double nodes. Merging coincident nodes solves this.

It is probably due to the manner you built up the geometry in the first place.

kind regards - kees<br /><br />Post edited by: Kees Wouters, at: 2010/08/08 14:53

Interest: structural mechanics, solar energy (picture at 'my location' shows too little pv panels)

--
kind regards - kees
More
13 years 3 months ago #5179 by Filippo Monari
Replied by Filippo Monari on topic Re:other prgrms
I'd like to achieve bending moments on salome-aster too, but i have found a good program for frame analisys, and in particular concrete design of stuctural elements:

www.ingegnerianet.it/

The only problem is that it works only on windows...my be caelinux developper could use wine adn optimize it for some of this interesting fem programs that work only under windows.
Anyway, CAElinux is a awesome softwares suite, thank you
More
12 years 3 months ago #6075 by Sudden CAE
Replied by Sudden CAE on topic Re:other prgrms
Me, too, would like beam tutorial!! It'll be helpful if the attachments were valid I think (they show as 0 bytes) -- that zip file must contain the keys to getting started! Could that be fixed? I just want to do a beam...
S-CAE
More
12 years 3 months ago #6106 by Torben
Replied by Torben on topic Re:other prgrms
Yeah - the earlier posted files seem to be gone. Here is another very basic tutorial.

* In Salome GEOM: create points at (0,0,0) and (1,0,0), create a line connecting these points. Then create a group on the two points.
In MESH create a mesh in the line and create Groups (nodes) from geometry. Select the two groups created while in GEOM. If necessary rename them to Support and Force respectively. Calculate and check the mesh. If you work with aster outside of Salomé now export the mesh to a med file.

* Define the Aster case using the ASTER module of Salmé-MECA , do it by hand or use astk.

* Use the command file Study1.comm (remove the .txt extension) and calculate. This will apply an ENCASTRE boundary condition on the node group "Support" and a force in the Z-direction on the node group "Force", define material properties and define the crossectional properties on the cantilever beam. The length of course was define by the coordinates of the two end points.

* In Salomé plot the results of the relevant SIEF_ELNO components. A curve - as for the moment MFY (bending moment around the Y-axis direction) is plotted as 3d-plot and applied or reaction forces can be plotted as vector plots. In the attached image I show the component VZ as vector plot which strictly speaking is not correct as it is a curve property just like the moment.

(Another educational imperfection in this tutorial is that I use aster to define the group of elements but I could have used Salomé instead to do this (the approach I normally perfer)).

The data plotted as moment/force diagrams are calculated by this line in the command file:

RESU=CALC_ELEM(reuse =RESU,RESULTAT=RESU,OPTION='SIEF_ELNO',);

components in SIEF_ELNO are described in attached manual u2.01.05-3.pdf.

The old (now disappeared) micro tutorial was based on an older (ancient to many) version of code_aster. The attached command file is for code_aster 10.6.

Hope this helps someone.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Claus
Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds