Moment diagram with beam elements

More
14 years 4 months ago #3637 by calculix09
Replied by calculix09 on topic other prgrms
I think, code_aster is "hard" software, not so convenient for simple beams and frames calculation.
I use the FrameWork freeware (with Winehq.org)
members.ziggo.nl/wolsink/
and my own openoffice template – calc4fem
sourceforge.net/projects/calc4fem/

Post edited by: calculix09, at: 2009/11/19 05:57

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #3802 by Torben
Replied by Torben on topic Re:other prgrms
.<br /><br />Post edited by: Torben, at: 2010/01/29 22:35
Attachments:

More
14 years 1 month ago #3803 by Torben
True that there other brilliant progams dedicated to frame analysis.
Setting up a simple beam analysis with force diagrams in Salomé/Code_Aster is not that complicated. And beam models are a good way to approach the basic structure of the command file.

A simple example involving a straight beam with one end fixed other end simple supported and an intermediate force load. Image shows deformed shape, VZ and MY.

Curves are drawn as Plot 3D curves in Salomé.

Attachment Archive-9f54aea5c0986a9d851f121dd0e7e224.zip not found

<br /><br />Post edited by: Torben, at: 2010/01/29 22:39
Attachments:

More
14 years 1 month ago #3804 by Claus
Replied by Claus on topic Re:other prgrms

True that there other brilliant progams dedicated to frame analysis.
Setting up a simple beam analysis with force diagrams in Salomé/Code_Aster is not that complicated. And beam models are a good way to approach the basic structure of the command file.

A simple example involving a straight beam with one end fixed other end simple supported and an intermediate force load. Image shows deformed shape, VZ and MY.

Curves are drawn as Plot 3D curves in Salomé.

Very clever, archived for future use :silly:

Code_Aster release : STA11.4 on OpenSUSE 12.3 64 bits - EDF/Intel version

More
14 years 1 month ago #3806 by Torben
An additional detail worth mentioning is the postprocessing. In a more complex structure beams/poutres are oriented differently, thus having different ORIENTATION. In that case for a curve to show something with meaning, my (brief) experience is:

1. Only stress field necessary for M, N, V curves is SIEF_ELGA_DEPL. This is calculated by the option in the MECA-STATIQUE command, so essentilally CALC_ELEM or CALC_NO are not required for basic use.

2. When setting up a M, V or N diagram in Salomé as a Plot3D presentation of the SIEF_ELGA_DEPL field edit the settings for a given presenation so:
_ 2a In the &quot;Input&quot; tab select only element groups who share the same orientation of the elements.
_ 2b In the &quot;Scalar Bar&quot; tab select the component to be presented. For SIEF_ELGA_DEPL they are one of N, Vx, Vy, Mt, MFy or MFz where xyz are the local (element) coordinate system.
_ 2c In the &quot;Plot 3D&quot; tab select a cut plane orientation that is compatible with the orientation of the elements. This generally means that the plane should be oriented so that the local element X-axis is parallel to that plane.

3. If one also wants a representation of the applied forces and reactions, the CALC_NO command can be added in the ASTER command file.

Especially _2c can be a bit tricky for complex structures with &quot;peculiar&quot; element but not unmanageble.
Attachments:

More
14 years 1 month ago #3808 by Claus
Replied by Claus on topic Re:other prgrms
I think it's time you created some tutorials on the wiki about using the various 1-2D elements and beams. That is something we sorely miss and something I haven't experimented very much with ;)

Code_Aster release : STA11.4 on OpenSUSE 12.3 64 bits - EDF/Intel version

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds