code saturne

• Matthew Bondy
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 7 months ago #3412 by Matthew Bondy
Replied by Matthew Bondy on topic Re:code saturne
I just found a tmp_saturne directory in an unexpected location. The listing file here makes a lot more sense, it actually contains something. I searched for the word 'error' and it only came up in a sentence along the lines of 'there were no errors at this stage'. I have attached a copy. I tried to open some ensight files in this directory but I still could not find get them to open in paraview.

Attachment listing-8ad9c6bd9c07d947e392d2b98c7bd593.zip not found

This is the error that comes up with paraview:
[code:1]
ERROR: In /home/dm2/henry/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty/ParaView3.3-cvs/VTK/IO/vtkEnSightGoldBinaryReader.cxx, line 242
vtkEnSightGoldBinaryReader (0x101c7b0): Invalid part id; check that ByteOrder is set correctly.

ERROR: In /home/dm2/henry/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty/ParaView3.3-cvs/VTK/IO/vtkEnSightReader.cxx, line 304
vtkEnSightGoldBinaryReader (0x101c7b0): error reading geometry file

ERROR: In /home/dm2/henry/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty/ParaView3.3-cvs/VTK/Filtering/vtkExecutive.cxx, line 757
vtkCompositeDataPipeline (0x101d370): Algorithm vtkEnSightGoldBinaryReader(0x101c7b0) returned failure for request: vtkInformation (0x1684920)
Debug: Off
Modified Time: 95658
Reference Count: 1
Registered Events: (none)
Request: REQUEST_DATA
ALGORITHM_AFTER_FORWARD: 1
FORWARD_DIRECTION: 0
FROM_OUTPUT_PORT: 0
[/code:1]

Post edited by: Matthew Bondy, at: 2009/08/30 01:18

Post edited by: Matthew Bondy, at: 2009/08/30 04:18<br /><br />Post edited by: Matthew Bondy, at: 2009/08/30 04:20
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #3414 by Joël Cugnoni
Replied by Joël Cugnoni on topic Re:code saturne
Hi Matthew,

from your last listing, it seems that your calculation is running fine!

I think it is just a problem of knowing how to post process the result files:

1) in Paraview, when loading an Ensight &quot;case&quot;, you can choose the type of floating point format: here, just change Little Endian to Big Endian (or opposite, I don't remember precisely) and it will be able to read the results!

2) For MED files, the result file name does not end with .med! So try to change the &quot;file name filter&quot; to &quot;*&quot; in the Salome File Dialog.
The Result file name contains &quot;CHR.med&quot; if I remember well (it has been a while since I used Saturne...unfortunatelly)

Good luck, but don't worry, you are not far from the solution!

Joël

Joël Cugnoni - a.k.a admin
www.caelinux.com

• Matthew Bondy
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 7 months ago #3418 by Matthew Bondy
I noticed that in the step tutorial the file that was selected for post processing in Salome did not have the med extension. However, I could not find that file. I will check again to see if the file name is different or I just missed it (which is probable).

I think paraview will better suit the first FLUENT tutorial anyways. Unfortunately, I am away for a few days and dont have my laptop. Im kicking myself for not bringing it now...

Thanks for the assistance and the great package. I recommend it to fellow students all the time.

- Matt Bondy

• Matthew Bondy
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 7 months ago #3419 by Matthew Bondy
double post<br /><br />Post edited by: Matthew Bondy, at: 2009/09/03 18:11

• Matthew Bondy
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 7 months ago #3420 by Matthew Bondy
I have opened the results with paraview but I can only view one velocity component (u - x-direction). For this problem set up as I have it there is no change in velocity in the x-direction. One solution that I can see would be to reorientate the model but I am thinking there has to be a better way to do this. Do I need to specify with Code Saturne which velocity components I am interested in or can this be done in Paraview? Either way I have not found anything yet.

Thanks,
- Matt Bondy<br /><br />Post edited by: Matthew Bondy, at: 2009/09/03 18:11

• Matthew Bondy
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 7 months ago #3431 by Matthew Bondy
I had noticed there was a file in Code Saturne that allowed the output to be controlled by type. However, all velocity components were already selected. I unchecked the u and w velocity components and the v component was then the only output. I went back and selected them all and only the u component was in the output. I will try other combinations and see what happens. However, for my purposes I only need the one.

- Matt Bondy

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds