code saturne

• Matthew Bondy
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 7 months ago #3432 by Matthew Bondy
Replied by Matthew Bondy on topic Re:code saturne
I found that I could view the v and w velocity components but if I add the u component it is the only one in the output (that can be read by Paraview at the very least). I also found that I needed to mark the 'Pseudo-coupled velocity-pressure solver' box under 'Numerical Parameters/Global Parameters'. Without this the solver would run but the results were quite erroneous (my inlet velocity is 1 m/s and the output velocity varied from -1000 to 1000 or thereabouts). This box was not checked in the step tutorial.

Isn't a pressure-velocity coupling required in order to solve any CFD simulation?

Thanks,
- Matt Bondy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #3447 by Tatjana
Replied by Tatjana on topic code saturne
Good Day!!!

If someone knew, please tell me why I can not start "Code Saturne"? I have made a tutorial, names "FlowStep" and there I should start Code Saturne. I have made this tutorial yesterday and I haven't any problems with starting of "Code Saturne"! So and today I don't know what is happened!
Please help me

Tanja

• Matthew Bondy
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 7 months ago #3455 by Matthew Bondy
I doubt I can help you at all but I think you might need to give some more information. I can only suggest that if you changed anything fundamental in your system that might cause your problem. I would also just try restarting if you have not done so already.

You may also have better luck getting responses if you make a new thread with a descriptive title. Your somewhat buried in this one.

Best regards,
- Matt Bondy

• Matthew Bondy
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 6 months ago #3542 by Matthew Bondy
Edit: EDF forum for code saturne now available. They were very helpful and corrected my error.<br /><br />Post edited by: Matthew Bondy, at: 2009/10/21 06:42

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds