Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

problem in surface mesh generation

• Alejandro
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #4918 by Alejandro
Replied by Alejandro on topic Re:problem in surface mesh generation
ok, you try with this link (www.mediafire.com/?85de334u29tkdca).
More
13 years 8 months ago #4920 by CAVT
Replied by CAVT on topic Re:problem in surface mesh generation
Alejandro, I couldn't solve your problem but I think I more or less know what's going on. Salome was giving me a lot of headaches as I tried a couple of option in the Repair menu and the success was still null. Perhpas the most sueful feature to debug was the Check free faces option under the Measure menu, as that will tell you if there are faces not belonging to the volume, and which usually cause some pains. I also checked your geoemtry with Gmsh, which is a little bit more difficult than Salome but is faster.
Apparently there are some geometrical errors, like extra surfaces and (I think this one is the most probable) lines and therefore surfaces which intersect. This is usually caused by an incosistency in the way the format is exported and imported. Salome uses OpenCascade libraries to read solid geoemtries and Catia probabaly uses a different one. The memory allocation problem was caused probabaly by the existence of almost zero length lines and surfaces, which were collapsed by the Repair options, but that wasn't enough.
One option to solve this is trying to generate the mesh, at least a base, in Catia from the original Catia geoemtry and not the converted Step. Otherwise, but in this I cannot help you as it is beyond my knowledge, implement a Python TUI script in Salome that detects free surfaces and boundaries and deletes them, and another one which creates break points if there are intersecting line. The other members here or the people at the Saloem Official Forum will help you better in this.
You can also try exporting the geometry with Catia or Rhino to IGES instead of Stp and mesh it with GiD. You can get a free license for one month and even renew it for another one. It's collapse options are quite powerful and you can export your mesh to UNV format, recognized by Gmsh, Salome and Aster.
My apologies for not being of further help.
  • Alejandro
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #4922 by Alejandro
Replied by Alejandro on topic Re:problem in surface mesh generation
thanks for all
I go try find the solution with your advice.

thanks
greetings
Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds