geometric nonlinear deflection of cantilever

More
7 years 9 months ago #8690 by Claus
Hi

Could you upload the generated .mess file? The HDF file doesn't include the Aster files here for some reason.
I use SalomeMECA 2015.2

/C

Code_Aster release : STA11.4 on OpenSUSE 12.3 64 bits - EDF/Intel version

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Saien Rugdeo
  • Saien Rugdeo's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #8696 by Saien Rugdeo
Replied by Saien Rugdeo on topic Re: geometric nonlinear deflection of cantilever
I have uploaded the .mess file and the .comm file , you can access it through the previous link. I have used COQUE to define the shell thickness for the geometry. I used DEFI_FONCTION to define a table that would specify the load increments I would like to use and the time step I would like it to follow,. I used STAT_NON_LINE as I am aware that this is a geometrically non linear mechanical problem.

Any input and assistance would be greatly appreciated.

NB: i use CAELinux which has Salome Meca 2013.1. The comm file was done through eficas using stable version 10 of code_aster.

The things that bind us, far outweigh that which divide us

More
7 years 9 months ago #8697 by Claus
The error translate to something along the lines of 'the behavior of law does not exist for the modeling dktg: ELAS'

As far as I can gather, you need to see which behaviours C_PLAN and AXIS accepts. See u3.12.01 chapter 4 for more information.

My Aster-fu is not very strong tonight I admit.

/C

• Saien Rugdeo
  • Saien Rugdeo's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago #8703 by Saien Rugdeo
Replied by Saien Rugdeo on topic Re: geometric nonlinear deflection of cantilever
Hi Claws
Thank you for your advice thus far. I have decided to use 3D modelisation for the analysis and this seemed to get rid of the previous error. I unfortunately have run into another series of difficulties using stat_non_line. I have done quite a bit of reading to get my .comm file prepared. I have specified a function in order to step my loading and applied that function to the load as FONC_MULT as a multiplier but I am unable to get the load to be properly applied through the specified increments. I have shared a link so that all the files for this analyses can be accessed

Any assistance wil be greatly appreciated as I have been stuck on this problem for over a month now

drive.google.com/open?id=0B9gGqqiubIGrZXI1bktRZC1xbFk

The things that bind us, far outweigh that which divide us

More
7 years 8 months ago #8704 by Claus
Hi

You are assigning a DRY constraint to a surface which doesn’t support rotational constraints or loads.

Remove DRX, DRY and DRZ and you should get a little further with the simulation.

/C

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds