looking for fatigue example

• arnoldh
  • Topic Author
More
16 years 4 months ago #1621 by arnoldh
Replied by arnoldh on topic Re:looking for fatigue example
Hi Durand,

I normally would have posted the results here on caelinux.com. Should I also post them somewhere else? Any suggestions? The only problem at the moment is a common problem: lack of time.....But as soon as I have some results, they will be posted. Merry christmas!!!

Regards,

Arnold

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 4 months ago #1622 by Joël Cugnoni
Replied by Joël Cugnoni on topic Re:looking for fatigue example
Dear Arnold,

thank you for your efforts, I really hope to see your comparisons one of these days... I know that time is always the critical parameter, but I can ensure you that these kind of contributions are highly appreciated. I also suggest that you "double post" your results here and on Code-Aster forums (www.code-aster.org); as Mr Durand wrote before, EDF is really interested in feedbacks from the users and comparisons with other codes is an important information for them.

Happy new year and best wishes for 2008.

Joël Cugnoni
www.caelinux.com

Joël Cugnoni - a.k.a admin
www.caelinux.com

• arnoldh
  • Topic Author
More
16 years 5 days ago #1879 by arnoldh
Dear all,

unfortunatelly, I haven't been able to really have a look at the file posted by the admnistrator at all....A shame because of the efforts, but as far as I understood right now, the calculation example provided, is based on a "standard" linear behaviour of a system. Whtat I am really looking at, is a non-proportional behaviour of a system (changing contact conditions etc). Such things, nearly no commercial fatigue program can cope with. Such a calculation also has "unit loads" but different load vectors for different load cases. This means that the analysis steps (or methodolgy) is different.

What I am currently having in mind, is the following: let's say, I have 50 load time histories of 10.000 load cases each. The behaviour of my system is non-proportional (changing contact conditions and therefore load paths etc.). After a load case analysis of all time histories, I am able to define, lets say, 20 unit load cases. Now, after calculating my unit load cases, I want to make a damage calculation. But I have my 20 load cases, the vector is different for each load case. How do I now calculate my damage? What can make it even more complicated, is that each "load history file" has a different repitition factor. To be more clear, an example. Let's say, the fatigue life to be calculated is 1 year. I have 20 files, which correspond to ahlf an hour of simulation time each. File 1 is repeated 30 times during its life, file 2 45 times, file 3 4 times, etc.

I have something (logical) in mind, but I really don't know how to programm it. Can somebody help me? I think, adding/programming/describing the lapse of operation if such a feature for code aster would not only help me, but probably a lot of engineers....

What I am trying to reach with this post, is to get a bunch of people who have the same interest and which can probably create a module/example/programming frame to handle such load cases.

Regards,

Arnold

• arnoldh
  • Topic Author
More
16 years 5 days ago #1880 by arnoldh
forgot it: many thanks in advance for at least reading it and making thoughts about it. If this is of interest, results should probably be discussed with Joel and the code_aster team.

Since I don't want to post my email, simply just answer if you think you can be of help and if people answer, I will get into contact with joel to find out how we can get into contact.

Regards,

Arnold

More
15 years 6 months ago #2335 by johannes ackva
Replied by johannes ackva on topic Re:looking for fatigue example
Joel
thanks a lot for this example which helped me a lot to understand fatigue. I discoverd it just now.
Regards, Johannes

More
12 years 8 months ago #5672 by JMB
Replied by JMB on topic Re:looking for fatigue example
Administrator wrote:

Attachment fatig.bz2 not found

Please note that it is in "tar.bz2" format !!<br /><br />

Hello Admin,

Any idea how to alter the pre-V11 command file you have included to run in CodeAster V11+? Many of the result field names have been suddenly changed and I cannot find the documentation for the equivalent names in V11. Would you or somebody assist please? Thanks!

Regards, JMB

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds