New Video On Calculix09 Channel

• Leo
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #8429 by Leo
Replied by Leo on topic Re: New Video On Calculix09 Channel
Yes, I tried to make orifice as axisymmetric model and basically it works. There are two problems
1) I don't have too much tests in mind for CFD problems
2) I could not find how to determine slip wall

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Leo
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #8430 by Leo

Jon64 wrote: To put the problem I explain what I do, and I state that I have already solved this problem well with SalomeMeca CodeAster and with the valuable contribution of a member of this forum (F.Renou) whom I thank, in practice I do the analysis Thermal 2D of a reinforced concrete beam subjected to fire curve ISO834 (EN 1992-1-2: Eurocode 2 Design of concrete structures - Part 1-2: General rules - Structural fire design) and cut both the heat map that an file with the nodal temperatures can rework in the next stage to determine the resistance of the beam to the design stress at the appointed time, after the prior downgrading of resistance of materials as a function of temperature, as from the above standard.
For thermal analysis concrete to change the temperature range of density, conductivity, (but Ownership physical and mechanical) and this must be taken into account during the transient thermal analysis.
On the other hand I would be more interested in developing such a thermal analysis with calculix, as prof. Guido Dondt had written to me that this possibility was already envisaged in its program, although Agros2D is easier to use.
Thank you

basically the objective of any educational work is to get good experience + good knowledge and it doesn't mean try to find easy ways and programs. The most universal experience is the Fortran (and CalculiX is the best tool to learn it). I don't know how to find good courses at this area and I personally missed this part in my education. I know that calculix can be used with many options for thermal calculation, but Agros2d can be good for some simplified tests. Basically as I understand clearly it is not big deal to determine the temperature as function of the time for transient type (you should push button at the right side of text control)
Please play with all samples.

More
8 years 4 months ago #8431 by Stefano Trevisani
Replied by Stefano Trevisani on topic Re: New Video On Calculix09 Channel

calc4fem wrote:

Jon64 wrote: To put the problem I explain what I do, and I state that I have already solved this problem well with SalomeMeca CodeAster and with the valuable contribution of a member of this forum (F.Renou) whom I thank, in practice I do the analysis Thermal 2D of a reinforced concrete beam subjected to fire curve ISO834 (EN 1992-1-2: Eurocode 2 Design of concrete structures - Part 1-2: General rules - Structural fire design) and cut both the heat map that an file with the nodal temperatures can rework in the next stage to determine the resistance of the beam to the design stress at the appointed time, after the prior downgrading of resistance of materials as a function of temperature, as from the above standard.
For thermal analysis concrete to change the temperature range of density, conductivity, (but Ownership physical and mechanical) and this must be taken into account during the transient thermal analysis.
On the other hand I would be more interested in developing such a thermal analysis with calculix, as prof. Guido Dondt had written to me that this possibility was already envisaged in its program, although Agros2D is easier to use.
Thank you

basically the objective of any educational work is to get good experience + good knowledge and it doesn't mean try to find easy ways and programs. The most universal experience is the Fortran (and CalculiX is the best tool to learn it). I don't know how to find good courses at this area and I personally missed this part in my education. I know that calculix can be used with many options for thermal calculation, but Agros2d can be good for some simplified tests. Basically as I understand clearly it is not big deal to determine the temperature as function of the time for transient type (you should push button at the right side of text control)
Please play with all samples.

I fully agree with what was said about whether educational or I'd be directed to commercial software black-box. In the market it existed for many years for the engineering programs that solve only the problem which I mentioned, and therefore do my intent was not to choose a simple way (push the button and go) but you can use the open-software source supplementing it with a spreadsheet or a program to be able to completely solve the problem (as mentioned in the specific case I use Salome-Meca + CodeAster for thermal analysis and my calculation program for structural verification).
As mentioned in the past I was interested in solving the thermal part of the problem cited by Agros2D, I studied all the demo program, but did not succeed, I thought my inability to use the program, but then writing prof. Pavel Karban knew in reality that was a limitation of the program and was working to make it possible also that kind of calculation.
I apologize to readers for my bad English, as it is a language they do not know and I will use automatic translators to respond.

• Leo
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #8448 by Leo
Heat Transfer in CalculiX - Cold Bridge in Wall - Architectural design problem

Link for files: yadi.sk/d/4_ukOTJVkjouu

More
8 years 4 months ago #8449 by Stefano Trevisani
Replied by Stefano Trevisani on topic Re: New Video On Calculix09 Channel
Very well , the video and shared documentation is interesting , I'd like to solve the problem of this post with calculix or Agros2D
Heat transfer on reinforced concrete
thank you
Best regards
Jon64

• Leo
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #8450 by Leo
Thank you for attention.
There are couple of more videos

For the code-aster I could not understand how to apply BC for convection (wizard does only temperature and flux)

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds