CAELinux in a book !

More
13 years 7 months ago #4617 by florante
Replied by florante on topic Re:CAELinux in a book !
Ying wai Man,

If you can make a review about the content of the book, that would be great. there are several people here who bought the book too and hopefully they can share their experience. It's a bit expensive, so your input will greatly help others to decide to buy it or not.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #4649 by Ying wai Man
Replied by Ying wai Man on topic Re:CAELinux in a book !
Hi Florante,

I am currently writing my thesis, if I am done with my thesis, I will try to post a review on the book. I am not visiting this site much lately, if you have other questions about this book, maybe you can email me. My email address is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., if you are planning to mail me, just use the name "caelinux forum" as sender, if else I will throw the mail in the garbage bin.

Greets,
Ying wai Man

More
13 years 6 months ago #4784 by Ying wai Man
Replied by Ying wai Man on topic Re:CAELinux in a book !
Hi, I scanned the book. If you are trying to use the book as a tutorial, DON'T buy the book, it is NOT a tutorial. The examples in the book are created by Caelinux. There's only one example that has been showed how to use Salome-Meca. I have another book about CFD, I will post my opinion about this book later.

Best regards,
Ying

• vijaikumar
  • Words need not be spoken
More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #5980 by vijaikumar
Replied by vijaikumar on topic Re: CAELinux in a book !
hai guys,

For those who cannot afford to buy this book. i would like to give you a taste of my review. i read the book and its not that good guys. i dont think its worth buying. only good thing which the author did is addressing CAE linux. otherwise i dont reccomend this book. sorry to say but it is quite clumsy. nothing is addressed clearly

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Vijai xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by vijaikumar. Reason: i felt my post contradicts with the ethics

More
12 years 2 months ago #6077 by Sergej Ovsepjan
Replied by Sergej Ovsepjan on topic Re: CAELinux in a book !
Hello,

a question to those of you who bought the book, how is it? Is it good?

Cheers,

Sergej

More
10 years 2 months ago #7385 by Atique Ahmad
Replied by Atique Ahmad on topic Re:CAELinux in a book !
In my personal opinion, ALL books / articles / literature on Open-Source software should be Open - Content and Free - Access. I remember something similar on this forum by Dharmit Thakore, who put preview link to his book on CAELinux. Anyways, there are always those who believe otherwise.

--
Be free or else!

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds