CAELinux in a book !

More
13 years 10 months ago #4274 by rui simoes
Replied by rui simoes on topic Re:CAELinux in a book !
Hi!

does any one know if we this book can help me to understand the comm files, and create my owns??

rui

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #4275 by Claus
Replied by Claus on topic Re:CAELinux in a book !
rui simoes wrote:

Hi!

does any one know if we this book can help me to understand the comm files, and create my owns??

rui

Your best bet is to go through the tutorials on this site and the examples in the Contrib section - this book (I think) deals more with maths in general and not code_aster in particular.

Code_Aster release : STA11.4 on OpenSUSE 12.3 64 bits - EDF/Intel version

More
13 years 10 months ago #4277 by rui simoes
Replied by rui simoes on topic Re:CAELinux in a book !
well claus...

i've been through same of them,
for instance assembly in advanced examples, there was an error in the comm file.
if you look under Aster Forum, Sr Kees was kind to detect what was wrong with the comm file. and i wonder how would i be able to decrypt that...

i know theres lots of more info i should go through...
but its easier to have a "hard" book with all the info organized.

well thats my opinion.
greetings
rui

More
13 years 10 months ago #4299 by kwou
Replied by kwou on topic Re:CAELinux in a book !
Hoi Rui

the ''mistakes'' in the comm files in the contrib area are mainly because of the version switch in Code Aster (from 9 to version 10). In a book this problem is even more likely to happen because it is static.
If you have problems with the examples, pls let us know. If we can, we will help. And indeed, it is a problem to keep the examples up to date. I donot run over all of them in case of a new version. But in a number of cases members of this forum have indicated the problems due to version switch and I will try to adapt the contributions.

Just keep going, visiting this site (and others) and indicate where you have problems. Not all but many problems can and will be solved.
Keep in touch.

Kind regards - kees

Interest: structural mechanics, solar energy (picture at 'my location' shows too little pv panels)

--
kind regards - kees

More
13 years 9 months ago #4454 by florante
Replied by florante on topic Re:CAELinux in a book !
Hi,

Anybody who has this book can say some words about the content? It would be very nice if people from this forum can rate the book if it worth the money to spend or not.

Thanks.

More
13 years 8 months ago #4575 by Ying wai Man
Replied by Ying wai Man on topic Re:CAELinux in a book !
Edited by admin:

the book is protected by copyright (as nearly all books), you are NOT ALLOWED to propose PDF copies of the book or any other cpoyrighted material here.

Moreover exchanging copyrighted material on this forum represents is a great risk for me and thus for the whole website and CAELinux as well.

So sorry to insist, but proposing illegal stuff on caelinux.com forums is absolutelly not permitted and I reserve the right to close any user account and ban IP adresses in case of abuse.

Free Open Source Software is absolutelly NOT piracy !

Sorry to have to remind you such basic rules...<br /><br />Post edited by: Administrator, at: 2010/08/21 20:11

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds