Adventure Computacional Mechanics Systema

More
17 years 1 month ago #1111 by JMB
Hello all / admin,

I have been able to successfully install Adventure on a RH FC3 system by compiling the source code. I got help from an Adventure developer. I am trying to compile some of the optional modules but ran into difficulty with one of them.

I am hoping that we can get some symbiosis going, by working on it collectively. I am willing to post in this forum the detailed steps that I used for compiling Adventure if somebody is interested in working on it too.

Cheers,
JMB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 5 days ago #1182 by florante
Replied by florante on topic Re:Adventure Computacional Mechanics Systema
JMB,

I am also trying to compile Adventure, but Im trying to use PCLinucOS distro but run a lot of dependencies problem. The Adventure people suggested to use RH7.2 or CentOS4. Still I am not successful with CentOS4.

Here are some of my notes:

1. Latest distros has a problem with gtk_config not detected (including ubuntu and others).
2. OpenMPI is suggested by Adventure guys but I haven't successfully compiled this.
3.Use openMotif instead of lessMotif which is most likely present in respiratories than openmotif.
4. Some of the code only compiles on gcc2.95 or gcc2.96 but most distros have forgotten that there is still apps that use this compiler other than gcc4.x.x.

Can you post some of your notes?

Thanks.

Best regards
Florante

More
17 years 5 days ago #1184 by JMB
Hello Florante,

My notes and steps are attached as a separate text file since I am not able to post it directly in the forum. Remember to change \"user\" in my script lines to whatever is your user name on your system. Let me know if thee notes have helped you progress any further than where I have reached. Your detailed steps being posted here would be appreciated as well. Thanks & good luck.

-JMB

Attachment email.txt not found

Attachments:

More
17 years 5 days ago #1185 by JMB
Duplicate message -Deleted<br /><br />Post edited by: JMB, at: 2009/08/05 23:19

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds