Adventure Computacional Mechanics Systema

• Rubén Pizarro
  • Topic Author
More
17 years 1 month ago #1056 by Rubén Pizarro
Adventure Computacional Mechanics Systema was created by Rubén Pizarro
Hello community.

Congratulations for develop this GREAT software project and share it with us. Really a enormous help for all that need or simply like open / free software in the CAE area, and don´t know how to integrate the software available to theirs systems.

I think that a very valuable adiction to the software package of this distro can be the japanese \"ADVENTURE\" software(adventure.q.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/).

ADVENTURE is an abbreviation for ADVanced ENgineering analysis Tool for Ultra large REal world, and contains modules for the calculation of of solid mechanics, fluid mechanics an electromagnetics models, with optimization capabilities

Some aplications examples in this link:

adventure.q.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/applications/examples/index.html

¿Can it be integrated in a future CAELinux release?

Best regards.

PS: Excuse my poor english :unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 1 month ago #1057 by Joël Cugnoni
Replied by Joël Cugnoni on topic Re:Adventure Computacional Mechanics Systema
Thank you very much for your congratulations, it really helps to know that people appreciate the work done!!

As for ADVENTURE, for sure it is a really impressive project and its ability to study extra-large problems can be very interesting when setting up a cluster.

I have already tried to include it, but I had hard times with the compilation & configuration. It seems that I have missed some requirements or had problems with the compilers... but could not figure out what was the problem.

For the moment, I unfortunatelly cannot include it but I will try to find some time to fix these compilation problems for a future release.

For me, the biggest frustration comes when I see all these great Open-Source codes and I realize that I will probably never be able to include one half of it in CAELinux. The only solution that I found to select the tools to include in the distro is:
1) listen to the requests (vers important)
2) try to compile / install / test it. If it takes too much time to make it work properly, I must leave this code aside for a while (but will retry it in the future). This is usually the main reason why one specific tool is not already integrated... the second being the time I can spend on this project and still have a reasonnable social life ;-)

Thanks again for your feedback!!

Joël Cugnoni
www.caelinux.com

Joël Cugnoni - a.k.a admin
www.caelinux.com

• Rubén Pizarro
  • Topic Author
More
17 years 1 month ago #1059 by Rubén Pizarro
Replied by Rubén Pizarro on topic Re:Adventure Computacional Mechanics Systema
Joël, thanks for your work.

Today I tried the live CD and work fine in my HP Pavilion ZE2320 laptop B) Excelent software package, nice documentation...

Best regards.

More
17 years 1 month ago #1064 by JMB
Hello admin,

Can we compare notes to solve the problem. I have had some success on FC3...

Regards,
JMB

More
17 years 1 month ago #1065 by JMB
Hello Admin,

Based on Red_Star's suggestion I decided to download Adventure and it seems to have some impressive capabilities. I tried compiling it and was successful for the most part except the following two modules of the base package:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
1. AdvBCtool-1.02/
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
2. AdvVisual-1.0
All the error output is attached separately, because pasting them in the body of this message causes an error on your website. (See PS:)

I have not proceeded with the various solver modules yet. Perhaps if we can pool our resources, we may be successful. So I decided to post my stumbling blocks with a hope that collectively we can find a solution. I posted an email at their suggested address and am waiting for a reply. What are your thoughts?

Regards,
JMB

I am attaching the text of the email because pasting it into the body of the message reults in an error on your website:

================================================================================
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /CMS/index.php on this server.
Apache Server at www.caelinux.com Port 80
================================================================================

More
17 years 1 month ago #1066 by JMB
Here is the attached text file. The first time it did not take it because of Non-alphanumeric characters in the filename.

JMB

Attachment EmailAdventure20070213.txt not found

Attachments:

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds