Need help with Salome Meca and Code Satune

More
10 years 1 month ago #7415 by Zixin
Hi Yvan,

I can't find some of the files you have listed. I am running Code_Saturne 2.0 instead of the newest version because my workstation cannot update. So I can't find the EXAMPLES folder or the post_utils.f90 file. Do you remember where these files are? Alternatively, if they aren't available in the Code_Saturne 2.0 distribution, could you link me to where I can find them? Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #7416 by Yvan Fournier
Replied by Yvan Fournier on topic Re: Need help with Salome Meca and Code Satune
Hello,

In version 2.0, the examples are directly in user/base/usproj.f90

But there is no equivalent of post_utils.f90, so you would need to adapt that code from 3.0 (which you can download without installing) to 2.0.

Depending on how familiar you are with code installation vs. Fortran programming, and how complex your current data setup might be, the best options may vary, but it might not be more complicted to install 3.0 in a user account than to adapt the code to version 2.0...

Best regards,

Yvan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zixin

More
10 years 1 month ago #7417 by Zixin
Hi Yvan,

Unfortunately I'm not particularly familiar with code installation or Fortran programming... However I have worked with Python so I think I'll try out the Python calculator method. Do you have any examples or know of places where I can look up some examples as to how to proceed in this way? Thank you for all your help so far, it's all thanks to you that I've gotten this far!

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #7418 by Yvan Fournier
Replied by Yvan Fournier on topic Re: Need help with Salome Meca and Code Satune
Hello,

The least automated but easiest solution for you would simply be to activate output of efforts on the boundary (using the Code_Saturne GUI), then use filters and possibly the calculator under ParaView to integrate the desired effort components over the boundary. Once you have the total efforts on the boundary, you'll be just one step away from the drag coefficient.

Regards,

Yvan
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Yvan Fournier.

More
10 years 1 month ago #7423 by Zixin
Hi Yvan,

I'm not sure I'm doing what you said in the last post correctly. I've been able to pull out the boundary I want (in this case it is my object, which is within a box with fluid flowing past), am I supposed to use the "Integrate Variables" filter in order to integrate over the cells on my boundary? If this is what I'm supposed to do, then I do get a value for the efforts on the boundary, but then how to I use the efforts to calculate the drag coefficient? I tried looking online but there really isn't anything about calculating a drag coefficient from an "efforts" variable.

Zixin Nie

More
10 years 1 month ago #7424 by Yvan Fournier
Hello,

Yes, once you have integrated the effors (which represent a surfacic force) over the boudary you want, you should obtain the total force exerted by the fluid on that boundary. For the drag, just project it along the movement axis, and adimensionalize using the reference velocity and frontal surface.

Regards,

Yvan

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds