Piston tutorial problems

• Andrew Bermel
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 3 days ago - 11 years 3 days ago #6764 by Andrew Bermel
Piston tutorial problems was created by Andrew Bermel
Hello,

I am having some trouble with the Piston tutorial.

When following the Piston tutorial:

I am trying to click "Finish" and exit the Aster section, but when I click Finish, the Qt -subapplication box does not go away.

So I can't continue.

There are a few more problems, they may be related.

In the "Meshing the Geometery" section, the tutorial tells me to select "Average Length"

but there is no option in real life, so I choose automatic.....but this does not follow the tutorial.

Also in the "Meshing the Geometery" section, the turorial tells me to select "piston.stp_1" in the object browser, but my file name is piston, I would have to rename the file to get it to work....I don't know if this is a root cause of anything

I have included pictures of the problems as well.
Last edit: 11 years 3 days ago by Andrew Bermel. Reason: typo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 days ago #6767 by Claus
Replied by Claus on topic Re: Piston tutorial problems
You can pick 'local length' instead - Salomé has changed since I wrote the tutorial - or experiment with the other types :)

The name of the geometry is not important, it is probably a coincidence mine is called ..stp_1

If you have other problems, post again :)

/C

Code_Aster release : STA11.4 on OpenSUSE 12.3 64 bits - EDF/Intel version

• Andrew Bermel
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 1 day ago #6768 by Andrew Bermel
Replied by Andrew Bermel on topic Re: Piston tutorial problems
Claws,

Thank you for the fast reply. I have tried the solution you advised, however, the program still will not allow me to continue.

I think there may a a problem in the begining....

On page 2 of the tutorial, in the "Geometry module: Importing geometry"

it tells me to choose STEP file formate in the pull-down menu and to Select the file Piston.stp

In order to find the file Piston,stp I have to navigate all the way back to the opt file and then go forward to find the Piston.stp file in the tutorials file.

Is this normal

Then again on page 14 of the tutorial in the last window of the "Aster module -Creating a study using a wizard" it tells me "In the next dialog a name and destination for the created command file must be selected
Click the file dialog button <image of a file>
Navigate to the folder that should contain the study files and type in a name for the command file - click Finish"

When I click Finish, nothing happens, and I cannot continue.

Is there something wrong with my installation of CAELinux, there seems to be a problem...

Andrew

• Andrew Bermel
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 1 day ago #6769 by Andrew Bermel
Replied by Andrew Bermel on topic Re: Piston tutorial problems
Also,

My terminal reads:

IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/opt/caelinux/docs/tutorials/piston/Piston1.comm'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/SALOME-MECA-2011.2-LGPL-x86_64/SALOME-MECA/V6_3_0_public/ASTER_V6_3_0_public/lib/python2.6/site-packages/salome/aster_s_gui/wizards/linear_static.py", line 123, in validatePage
comm.write(self.get_str("command-file"))
File "/opt/SALOME-MECA-2011.2-LGPL-x86_64/SALOME-MECA/V6_3_0_public/ASTER_V6_3_0_public/lib/python2.6/site-packages/salome/aster_s/wizards/common.py", line 243, in write
fid = open(fname, "w")
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/opt/caelinux/docs/tutorials/piston/Piston1.comm'

If this helps......

More
10 years 11 months ago #6779 by Claus
Replied by Claus on topic Re: Piston tutorial problems
You just find the STP file where-ever it is and nevermind the tutorial.
As for the problem with the comm file: you don't have write permission in the folder (/opt/caelinux/docs/tutorials/piston/) - you can either fix this or select a new folder.

:)

/C

Code_Aster release : STA11.4 on OpenSUSE 12.3 64 bits - EDF/Intel version

More
10 years 11 months ago #6834 by John
Replied by John on topic Re: Piston tutorial problems
I have been trying the piston tutorial and all is good until I start to run the project. The text goes by, ends, and I have no green check mark and can't text read any of the results.
What should I look for?

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds