running a simulation on the shell

• alain berich
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 2 months ago #5305 by alain berich
running a simulation on the shell was created by alain berich
Hello,

I am trying to run a study on the shell calling

/opt/SALOME-MECA-2010.1-x86_64/runSalomeMeca -t -u ~/Documents/fem-plate/mystudy.py

but it stops with the error

File "/opt/SALOME-MECA-2010.1-x86_64/SALOME/SALOME5/V5_1_3/KERNEL_V5_1_3/lib/python2.4/site-packages/salome/libSALOME_LifeCycleCORBA.py", line 28, in ?
import _libSALOME_LifeCycleCORBA
ImportError: libSalomeLifeCycleCORBA.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I added already the path /opt/SALOME-MECA-2010.1-x86_64/SALOME/SALOME5/V5_1_3/KERNEL_V5_1_3/lib/salome/ (this is where the lib is located) to the environment variable PATH but it didn't help. It stops with the same error.

The script libSALOME_LifeCycleCORBA.py, which is calling the library states in the header to modify the SWIG interface file...

Any ideas?
Alain

Edit: I forgot to mention that I am using CAELinux 2010 and successfully ran /usr/bin/python postinstall.py. Also ../bin/as_run forma01a.export works fine.

Post edited by: alain berich, at: 2011/02/14 09:16<br /><br />Post edited by: alain berich, at: 2011/02/14 09:29

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #5306 by johannes ackva
Replied by johannes ackva on topic Re:running a simulation on the shell
hello,
I You want to &quot;run a study&quot;, this means run an analysis which is defined by an .export-file (.export containing the paths and names of the various input und output files). This is simply done by

../bin/as_run YourExportFile.export

YourExportFile.export itself is created (one of several ways) by creating an Analysis case in SalomeMeca Aster-Module (after having created the mesh in the mesh-module and the .comm-file by help of the wizard or with use of EFICAS) and exporting it.

The export-file can also be created or &quot;refined&quot; (more parameters and file definitions) by help of .../ASTK

Johannes Ackva

D 91717 Wassertrüdingen

*** Next Introduction Course to Salome-Meca : 16.2-19.2.2011 in Wassertrüdingen ***
*** Next Nonlinear Static Course to Salome-Meca : 24.2-26.2.2011 in Wassertrüdingen ***

• alain berich
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 2 months ago #5315 by alain berich
Replied by alain berich on topic Re:running a simulation on the shell
Hello,

thank you for the useful hints which helped me finally to develop the program a bit further. But probably I wasn't clear enough when describing the problem.

The script mystudy.py reads some geometric points from the HD, generates a solid and a mesh which is at the end of the script stored to a med file. Then I prepared a linear-elastic code_aster simulation which I exported to ASTK. The source of the *.med file is the one, the script stored previously to the HD.

The resulting *.export file, I can successfully run on the command line with
../aster/bin/as_run ~/Documents/mystudy.export

My intention is now to evaluate the result and modify the geometric points according to an algorithm, creating a new, modified solid and a new mesh with the script mystudy.py etc. etc.

If I, however, try to include the command
os.system('runSalomeMeca -t -u ~/Documents/mystudy.py') in the *.comm file, the program stops with the error described above.

If I only skip the -t (thus Salome runs in a window) the computation of the new mesh works fine but the program does self evidently not finish anymore.

Only
os.system('runSalomeMeca -u ~/Documents/mystudy.py &amp;')
os.system('killSalome')
in the *.comm file works. It starts, however, a SalomeMeca window. Does the terminal version of runSalomeMeca work at all?

I do not know the possibilities provided by /ASTK for parameter studies. Does it also support geometric variations following an algorithm which evaluates the results of previous runs?

alain

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds