Importing unv - creating Aster-Deck

More
13 years 5 months ago #4880 by Klaus
Hi,
I'am new in using Code Aster and I have problems in the application, because I miss detailed tutorials to solve my tasks. So I have many problems and therefore many questions.

1) After importing an unv-File in Salome513, I try to use the linear-elastic-Wizard in the Aster-Module of Salome. On the second page the wizard ask me to "Select a mesh from the Salome object browser". But there is nothing to select, because I use my own mesh of the unv-File. The error message of Salome than told me: "The mesh dimension of 2 does not match the model one of 3".
Do I have to create a new mesh (Hypotheses / Algorithms) in the mesh-module, which I later have to pick? And if so, how does it work?

2) Is there a non-linear-wizard in Salome? How do I created a non-linear loadcase (only directly in Eficas)?

3) In Abaqus I use the combination of RBE3 (weighted rigid bar elements) and HEXA to created weld points. Is there a similar functionallity in Aster?

4) A buddy of mine use for non-linear calculations the Calculix-Program. Has anybody experience with both codes? Maybe Calculix is the the easier-to-learn code?

These are only four questions of many more. I hope you understand my poor english.
Thanks for your support / help!

Your Klaus!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #4907 by Klaus
Replied by Klaus on topic Re:Importing unv - creating Aster-Deck
Is there anybody out there ?
No one who can help me?

More
13 years 5 months ago #4911 by JMB
Replied by JMB on topic Re:Importing unv - creating Aster-Deck
Klaus wrote:

1) After importing an unv-File in Salome513, ... how does it work?

We may need the unv file to help you with this....

2) Is there a non-linear-wizard in Salome? How do I created a non-linear loadcase (only directly in Eficas)?

No there is not. Non-linear analysis will require you to use Eficas (or a text editor) and ASTK for CodeAster job submissions. At a minimum you will need to learn Eficas, unless you want to dive into the deep end of the swimming pool to try a text editor method of creating the command file! To learn look for examples in the Wiki section of this website! There are many excellent examples!

4) ... Has anybody experience with both codes? Maybe Calculix is the the easier-to-learn code?

Yes I have used both codes, each have their pros and cons too numerous to elaborate them here. If you are familiar with Abaqus syntax, then Calculix might be easier for a beginner to jump into, but its lack of a well developed pre/post GUI is a serious drawback.

More
13 years 5 months ago #4942 by Klaus
Replied by Klaus on topic Re:Importing unv - creating Aster-Deck
Thanks for your answer.
Based on my experience doing FEA by Abaqus it's easier for me to work with Calculix. Yes, the Postprocessor is less powerful but there is a way to created *.fin (*.fil-ASCII) out of *.frd.

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds