Gmsh defines zones incorrectly according to Code_Saturne

• CAVT
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 6 months ago #4816 by CAVT
Hello.
I'm having an issue with a mesh I created in Gmsh when I want to use it in a run under Code_Saturne 2.0beta2.
I imported a STEP file, saved it as a .geo file and modified the latter to define characteristics lengths and physical groups. I defined 10 groups of faces (6 inlets, 1 simmetry face, 2 outlets, a set of walls and a last one for a wall which will have a prescribed temperature) and one group for the only volume present. I ended up with a 800000 hex mesh which I saved as .msh, .med and .unv files.
Then I created a Saturne study and a case with the "cs create" command, copied the .msh file in the MESH diretory and run Saturne's preprocessor saving a log file to be used later in the definition of boundaries. This file showed the authomatic number Gmsh generates for each defined group instead of the labels I chose, but no problem as there is a 1 on 1 correlation in the beggining of the .msh file (ASCII format). I defined all the case in the GUI and run the case...
After less than a minute the console shows error, I check the error log and this appears:

/home/unc/Downloads/saturne/ncs-2.0.0-beta2/src/base/cs_gui_boundary_conditions.c:891: Fatal error.

@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@
@ @@ WARNING: BOUNDARY CONDITIONS ERROR
@ *******
@
@ In the zone plancha has a face already marked
@ with a zone number.
@
@ new zone number: 3
@ previous zone number: 2
@
@ It seems that zones definitions are overlapping.
@
@ The calculation will stop.
@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@

Call stack:
1: 0xb59205ba <bft_error+0x42> (libbft.so.1)
2: 0xb5cee908 <+0x14a908> (libsaturne.so.0)
3: 0xb5ceef28 <uiclim_+0x8b> (libsaturne.so.0)
4: 0xb5f6f16f <tridim_+0x9b33> (libsaturne.so.0)
5: 0xb5c3d506 <caltri_+0x96ca> (libsaturne.so.0)
6: 0xb5bbdf88 <cs_run+0xacc> (libsaturne.so.0)
7: 0xb5bbe358 <main+0x257> (libsaturne.so.0)
8: 0xb5302b96 <__libc_start_main+0xe6> (libc.so.6)
9: 0x804f681 <> (cs_solver)
End of stack

Plancha is the label I gave to the wall with prescribed temp. I tried changing inin the GUI the zone number to 2 but the error was still the same with the only difference that "new zone number" and "previous zone number" have the same number :S
I tried doing the same with the .med file I created with Gmsh (not Salome) and now the label names are recognized... unfortuantely the errors are exactly the same.
I cannot find any way to check this zone number, only family and color but that's irrelevant. Does anybody know how can I overcome this issue? I cannot mesh my geoemtry in Salome because I have a 2D element inside the volume and that causes an error, but Gmsh does it without problems, and way faster.
I provide my .geo, xml gui and preprocessor logs for you to check and help me here

Attachment files.tar not found

Thank you very much in advance.

César
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• CAVT
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 6 months ago #4819 by CAVT
Nevermind, I discovered my error. I included the same surface in two physical groups without noticing it; I wrote "19" where I had to put "29" in the biggest group.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds