SalomeMeca 5.3.1 does not support in Sketch values <1

• Roland Graf
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 6 months ago #4774 by Roland Graf
Hi all,

while I did some studies with SalomeMeca I noticed that the Sketch mode doesn't accept values smaller than 1. The error is reproduce able if you go in the Geometry --> New Entity --> Sketch. If you try to sketch something with values smaller than 1. The apply button doesn't work.

Thanks<br /><br />Post edited by: Roland Graf, at: 2010/09/27 00:00

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #4775 by CAVT
So far I had no problems with Salome 3.2, then I'll try with Salome 5.3. Perhaps your problem has to do with the definition of the decimal symbol. Try entering values with . and with , as decimal separators and see if any of those work. Now, if it's a problem with the decimal separator, you should have the same problem/solution when entering non-integer values greater than 1 (1.5, 5.63, etc.). Check for that too. Oh, and tell us which Salome version are you using ;). Hope this helps.

More
13 years 6 months ago #4777 by kwou
Hoi Roland

is it possible that you have set length precision to 0, ie. under file --&gt; preferences --&gt; Geometry --&gt; Settings in the Input fields precision / Length precision?

If set to zero you cannot indeed input numbers below 1 and 'apply' is greyed out.

Hope this helps - but it might be anything else. With standard 'length precision- 6 digits' I have no problems with small values (less than 1e-6 are not allowed though and give a remark in a subfield).

Kind regards - kees<br /><br />Post edited by: Kees Wouters, at: 2010/09/27 20:56

Interest: structural mechanics, solar energy (picture at 'my location' shows too little pv panels)

--
kind regards - kees

• Roland Graf
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 6 months ago #4782 by Roland Graf
Hi,

in Salome 5.1.3 the menu file --&gt; preferences --&gt; Geometry --&gt; Settings in the Input fields precision / Length precision does not exist anymore.

The effect that I can insert number smaller than 1 compares only in the sketch-menu. The global coordinates are possible to set to 0 or 0,5 and so on but when I want to sketch for example an arc with radius 0,5 the apply button does not work. If I insert 1,5 instead the apply button works.

Thanks

Roland

More
13 years 5 months ago #4791 by kwou
Hoi Roland,

I am using 5.1.4 and 'file --&gt; preferences --&gt; Geometry --&gt; Settings in the Input fields precision / Length precision' really does exists.

I donot understand the second part:

The effect that I can insert number smaller than 1 compares only in the sketch-menu. The global coordinates are possible to set to 0 or 0,5 and so on but when I want to sketch for example an arc with radius 0,5 the apply button does not work. If I insert 1,5 instead the apply button works.

Can you insert an arc in the sketch menu? Can you indicate where exactly the problem occurs, because as far as I can see you can only insert straight lines in the sketch menu.

Kind regards - kees<br /><br />Post edited by: Kees Wouters, at: 2010/10/03 11:09

Interest: structural mechanics, solar energy (picture at 'my location' shows too little pv panels)

--
kind regards - kees

More
13 years 5 months ago #4797 by JMB
Hello Kees,

Yes one can draw arcs in 2D Sketch, see attached image

Regards,
JMB

<br /><br />Post edited by: JMB, at: 2010/10/04 05:27
Attachments:

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds