meshing in Salome

• Nicky
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #3152 by Nicky
meshing in Salome was created by Nicky
Hi, I'm trying to do the mesh around an aerofoil but there is several things I don't know. I imported the aerofoil into Salome and then created four points around it to create the rectangle around it. I did this using blocks->quadrangle face because then it recognizes it as a single object but if I did it drawing lines from one vertex to the other I didn't know how to make it all the same object (I don't know for sure if this is necessary but I think it is).

Once I have the aerofoil and my rectangle around it, I have to mesh. The problem is that if I mesh the rectangle it doesn't respect the aerofoil and it meshes all the rectangle, so I guess I have to do something to tell the program that the shape is the rectangle - aerofoil but I don't know how to do this. Any ideas? Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nicky
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #3153 by Nicky
Replied by Nicky on topic Re:meshing in Salome
with operations->boolean->cut I have managed to achieve what I want but with two quadrangle faces. When I do it with a quadrangle face and the aerofoil I receive an error saying that the cut operation cannot be done on the given shapes :S

• Nicky
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #3154 by Nicky
I created a face from the aerofoil and then the cut operation works. Will it be ok doing that?

More
14 years 8 months ago #3155 by Joël Cugnoni
Replied by Joël Cugnoni on topic Re:meshing in Salome
Hi,

cut operations in 2D are tricky.. I recomend you to extrude both faces to get 2 volumes and then do the boolean operation.

After that, you can "explode" your volume to get the face you want.

OR Try:

1) "explode" your 2 curves to get 2 "wire" objects
2) using the Build => Face, select the 2 wires to build a planar face with a hole.

Joël Cugnoni - a.k.a admin
www.caelinux.com

• Nicky
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #3156 by Nicky
hi, thanks for your answer! :)

doing it how I was doing it, when it came to do the mesh I had the option of 3D which I found weird. Doing it how you told me in your first option I only have the 2D option, which I guess is what it should be :)

but when I do the mesh (very simple, just clicking sign a set of hypothesis), it doesn't stick to the shape of the aerofoil, it eats part of it. I guess that's because the mesh I created is rubbish and if I do it right it should stick to it, right?

• Nicky
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #3161 by Nicky
i've been playing around with the mesh and now it looks much better, but i have a question:

- how can I do so that the mesh is more accurate at some points, for example in front of the aerofoil?

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds