Meshing repair

• Claude Potard
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 10 months ago #2999 by Claude Potard
Meshing repair was created by Claude Potard
Hello,

I have built a solid from IGES import into Salome Geom module and then meshed it whith success: all controls and checking indicated no problem such as free edges or bad cell. Going to Code_aster wizard linear elasticity, to run the computation this one goes to the end but a lot of error messages came with the result. All dealing with meshing defects: orphan nodes,geometricaly mixed nodes,flat cells or most important , cells with free element de bord.
My questions:

1/ how can I make the link between the bad cells or nodes named in the .mess file of Code_aster module by letters ex. N1N4 for a node , MZ or M20 for cells of SEG2 type or again M9N for TRIA3 cell and their position into the meshing using SELECTION INfo/properties of the object in the main menu which gives their coordinates?
2/ I tried post-pro results présentation and obtained this bad message: object cannot be built:diagonale of the actor is too large. I check of course the actor dimensions and do not found too large extensions.
3/ shall I try to repair or to change the operande TOUT= oui as it is advised in the error message ?

Thank you for your attention

Claude

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #3005 by johannes ackva
Replied by johannes ackva on topic Re:Meshing repair
Hi Claude,

Regarding Your question 1: I have sometimes the same need to correlate the node/elm IDs of Salome to the Code-Aster node/elm NAMEs. So I would be glad if someone can propose a better method than the following workaround found by me: You just have to export Your mesh in .UNV-format, then the names in code-Aster will be composed of "N"+"ID" / "M"+"ID". Salome node / elm 1 will become Code-Aster node N1 or code-Aster elm M1. (Attention: This does not work if You create a new quadratic mesh in Code-Aster using CREA_MAILLAGE, so for clearing Your mesh8ing problems You should work with the mesh read by LIRE_MAILLAGE.

I have also problems sometimes with Salome controls and checkings. May be my grafics driver is not the best suited and couloring is not good visible, but may be also something of Salome does not work in the manner I expect.

good luck

• Claude Potard
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 10 months ago #3007 by Claude Potard
Replied by Claude Potard on topic Re:Meshing repair
Thank you johannes for your attention.

Until now i was unable to found your answer also my own messge !
As i am completely lost i will follow your method for sure and give the result soon.

Claude

• Claude Potard
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 10 months ago #3010 by Claude Potard
Hello Johannes,

Claude again,

As you said I translate salome mesh object into IDEAS file that is.UNV.But before using it to compute Code_aster I need to look at the orphan nodes ,free edges or elm ect... So I tried to check with display numbering and display entity and find the same number than for the mesh.med of Salome. No naming with letters and number.
May be using salome mesh module to open .UNV format is not good. With what can I open it to view the entities I want?
Thank for your attention
Claude

• Claude Potard
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 10 months ago #3050 by Claude Potard
This message to say that my problem has found its solution.The error messages coming from Code-aster case were due to singular points in the mesh.Using Netgen 3D makes code_aster working nice.
Thanks to those who pay attention to my request.

Claude

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds