• Vonstein, Tobias
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 years 7 months ago #9260 by Vonstein, Tobias
Problems with installing CAELINUX2017 was created by Vonstein, Tobias
Hello everybody,

I was excited that there is a new version of CAELINUX now. I have just downloaded caelinux2017-build4.iso and make a Live-DVD and a Live-Boot-Stick.
Both I can boot with on my Laptop (Acer Aspire 7730G). But I can not install CAELINUX fix on this Laptop.
I start the installer and everything seems to work well, files copied and so on...
But at the end I get an Error: "Installer crashed ...".

I try with the USB-Stick and the DVD and try to download again. I found no similiar problems in the internet and don't know how to fix the error.
At the moment there is a installation of ubuntu 16.04 LTS on the laptop. I try both, to replace ubuntu and to install CAELINUX beside ubuntu.
Nothing works?

I would be very happy, if someone can help me with a good advice.

Best regards,
Tobi

Dipl.-Ing. Tobias Vonstein
Telefon: +49 170 5517165 ❘ eMail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Ingenieurbüro Vonstein & Partner ❘ Kattenhagen 2 ❘ 59929 Brilon ❘ GERMANY
Registergericht: Essen PR 3705
Steuernummer: 309/5716/5266 | UID-Nr.: DE 307 111 908
Geschäftsführer: Dipl.-Ing....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Achilles Vassilicos
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 years 6 months ago #9261 by Achilles Vassilicos
Replied by Achilles Vassilicos on topic Re: Problems with installing CAELINUX2017
I had the same exact problem with installing the same 2017 iso on a Lenovo Xeon laptop. The crash of the installer happened very near the end, and was unable to generate a bug report (previous message said that a bug report will be generated after closing installer window).

More
2 years 6 months ago #9265 by Descatoire
Replied by Descatoire on topic Re: Problems with installing CAELINUX2017
i reported the same problem:

caelinux.com/CMS/index.php?option=com_ku...30&Itemid=300025

some people seem manage to install it, we maybe don't use the good "linux live creator software", i remember that for install the 2013 versio of CAE i had to try many "linux live creator software"

if person who manage to install CAE linux could tell us what "linux live creator software" they've used?

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds