Terminal is not working anymore!!!!

• Alessandro Pani
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #7793 by Alessandro Pani
Terminal is not working anymore!!!! was created by Alessandro Pani
Hi to everybody
I've updated Caelinux 2013 from Xubuntu lts 12 to 14.04 because driwer fro my wlan card wasn't supported on 12... :whistle:
Now everithing seems to work except terminal.... maybe due to some settings..
when i launch terminal command in the attached picture are shown for a moment. then the windows disappears.
I'm not so expert about ubuntu, but seems an hostname problem...
Anyone knows how i can overcome this issue?
Thank yu very much!!
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Alessandro Pani. Reason: i don't know why attachmensts doesn't work

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #7796 by Pecheronza
Replied by Pecheronza on topic Re: Terminal is not working anymore!!!!
Hello everyone,

I have the very same problem. I just installed CAELinux 2013 and on the first login I was asked to update, which I did.. so it's not a configuration issue, I guess, because I didn't touch anything yet.

I read the terminal output (one flashing screen at a time) and I tried to check for the files mentioned, like /opt/aster113/etc/codeaster/asrun. I found the folder but there were just a couple of .old (or something like that, I can't check right now) versions.

Since I'm quite the newbie here, does anybody have any suggestion? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

More
9 years 6 months ago #7797 by Gabriele Pisetta
Replied by Gabriele Pisetta on topic Re: Terminal is not working anymore!!!!
I have the same problem. I really dont know how to manage it. did you have some news about it?

More
9 years 6 months ago #7798 by Gabriele Pisetta
Replied by Gabriele Pisetta on topic Re: Terminal is not working anymore!!!!
SOLVED!!!!!! since it was a problem for something called "Code-Aster" i looked on synaptic for some packages named that way. i found 2 packs. one of them was an "add on for caelinux 2013" as i read in the info box below. i just removed it. now terminal is working! i really don't know what i did, but it works!!! before writing this i restarted the computer just to make sure.

hope this way works out for you too

• Alessandro Pani
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #7800 by Alessandro Pani
Replied by Alessandro Pani on topic Re: Terminal is not working anymore!!!!
:S The problem is half-solved... in this way you clear off all of helpful tool related to code Aster...but now the terminal works well...
I hope that someone post a new addon to recover the lost packages...
The most important package i've lost is the project launcer for aster :S

More
9 years 5 months ago #7808 by Joël Cugnoni
Replied by Joël Cugnoni on topic Re: Terminal is not working anymore!!!!
Sorry to reply so late,

but as I have not updated the packages used in CAELinux for Ubuntu 14.04 yet,
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU DON'T UPGRADE to 14.04 !

You can run the automatic updates, but the upgrade to 14.04 will brick the system.

Now for this issue: the problem is caused by the autoconfiguration script that I wrote for Code-Aster in CAELinux 2013.
After the upgrade to 14.04 many files have been suppressed, including some of files or all the Code-Aster package (I have not upgraded so cannot tell yet which packages have been removed). Thus the script fails and the terminal is locked. The script is called from the user's .bashrc file through a call to the general configuration script /opt/caelinux/.bashrc-CAE
(The .bashrc-CAE script is responsible to setup all the environment so that you can use all CAELinux specific tools from command line directly)

To fix partially, ie remove the terminal issue, you can edit the file /opt/caelinux/.bashrc-CAE with administrator rights:
sudo nano /opt/caelinux/.bashrc-CAE

and comment the lines
# autoconfigure aster
if [ -z "`grep noeud /opt/aster113/etc/codeaster/asrun | grep $HOSTNAME`" ] ; t$
 echo 'Hostname has changed, running autoconfig scripts for Code-Aster'
 /opt/caelinux/autoconfigAster.sh
fi

More radically, you could also comment the line
source /opt/caelinux/.bashrc-CAE

from your ~/.bashrc file but you will then loose the ability to use the other CAELinux applications from terminal.

There is unfortunatelly no easy way to revert to CAELinux 2013 except reinstalling...

Joël Cugnoni - a.k.a admin
www.caelinux.com

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds