problem installing CAELinux 2008 since USB

• edgar nava
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 3 months ago #6248 by edgar nava
problem installing CAELinux 2008 since USB was created by edgar nava
Hello all:

I have a problem when installing CAELinux 2008:

I downloaded the iso image and checked it with md5sum, and the file is fine. Then I created the booteable USB with unetbootin.

Thyen, when I restart the computer, , it starts since the USB, but instead of the welcome PcLinux Os screen, it only appears an image that says

unetbootin
Press [Tab ] to edit options
Automatic boot in 10 seconds.

And the screen goes on like that, but nothing else happens. Whwn I press the tab key, only this line appears:

/ubnkern initrd=/ubninit_

I don't know if I have to write something here.

I'm trying to install CAElinux 2008 because I think that's the newest version for 32 bit.

My processor is an Intel core2 duo @2.53 Gb., 2Gb RAM

I have installed ubuntu 10.04 32 bit and windows xp in the same CPU. So , I think it's not a compatibility trouble.

On the other hand, when I create the booteable USB, only fine files are generated:
Idlunux.sys, syslinux..cfg, ubnfilel.txt, ubnpathl.txt, and vesamenu.c32. I think this is not enough.

Could anybody help me? Thanks a lot

Regards.
  • Alberto Mario Striedinger Pinilla
  • Alberto Mario Striedinger Pinilla's Avatar
More
11 years 4 months ago #6745 by Alberto Mario Striedinger Pinilla
Replied by Alberto Mario Striedinger Pinilla on topic Re: problem installing CAELinux 2008 since USB
'Hello,,

I see you had the same problem I am having , well almost the same, but I am trying to use CAELINUX 2011. FRom USB as well.. it just doesnt load..Mind you telling me how you solve your problem if you did?
Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds