• Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
8 years 6 months ago #6248 by edgar nava
problem installing CAELinux 2008 since USB was created by edgar nava
Hello all:

I have a problem when installing CAELinux 2008:

I downloaded the iso image and checked it with md5sum, and the file is fine. Then I created the booteable USB with unetbootin.

Thyen, when I restart the computer, , it starts since the USB, but instead of the welcome PcLinux Os screen, it only appears an image that says

unetbootin
Press [Tab ] to edit options
Automatic boot in 10 seconds.

And the screen goes on like that, but nothing else happens. Whwn I press the tab key, only this line appears:

/ubnkern initrd=/ubninit_

I don't know if I have to write something here.

I'm trying to install CAElinux 2008 because I think that's the newest version for 32 bit.

My processor is an Intel core2 duo @2.53 Gb., 2Gb RAM

I have installed ubuntu 10.04 32 bit and windows xp in the same CPU. So , I think it's not a compatibility trouble.

On the other hand, when I create the booteable USB, only fine files are generated:
Idlunux.sys, syslinux..cfg, ubnfilel.txt, ubnpathl.txt, and vesamenu.c32. I think this is not enough.

Could anybody help me? Thanks a lot

Regards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Alberto Mario Striedinger Pinilla
  • Alberto Mario Striedinger Pinilla's Avatar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
7 years 7 months ago #6745 by Alberto Mario Striedinger Pinilla
Replied by Alberto Mario Striedinger Pinilla on topic Re: problem installing CAELinux 2008 since USB
'Hello,,

I see you had the same problem I am having , well almost the same, but I am trying to use CAELINUX 2011. FRom USB as well.. it just doesnt load..Mind you telling me how you solve your problem if you did?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds