gerris path not set?

• mrBrown
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 8 months ago #576 by mrBrown
gerris path not set? was created by mrBrown
I was trying to run gerris on the latest liveDVD release (installed on HD). It seems that some paths needed are not set by default (using CAE - Command Line Tools). I needed at least the following variables set before I could run the first example from the gerris tutorial:

add to $PATH : /opt/gerris/bin
add to $PKG_CONFIG_PATH : /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig and //opt/gerris/lib/pkgconfig

since I'm an absolute newbie can someone tell me where I can define these variables (so I don't have to enter them manually every time). Probably not something called autoexec.bat :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 7 months ago #585 by Joël Cugnoni
Replied by Joël Cugnoni on topic Re:gerris path not set?
There is already a script to setup the env. variables. To use it, just call it this way:
\". /opt/setup_env.sh\" (with a space between . and /opt...)

This will setup all the environment variables for gerris, elmer, OpenFOAM etc...
This script is used in root & guest accounts in their special .bashrc-CAE file used by CAE command line tools for these users.

To make CAE-command-line tools work flawlessly with another user profile, you will need to copy /root/.bashrc-CAE in your Home directory.

But at anytime you can run the setup_env.sh script from a shell to do the trick !!

Joël Cugnoni - a.k.a admin
www.caelinux.com

More
10 years 6 months ago #7168 by Tommi P. Laiho
Replied by Tommi P. Laiho on topic Re:gerris path not set?
Hi,

I just installed CAE Linux 2011. However I am unable to set OpenFOAM environment
variable at all. I try to follow the instructions from the OpenFOAM pages but without
any result. Is there some script to make environment variables to work in CAE Linux 2011?

Please help and thanks in advance.

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds