same Problems with piston on beta1 and beta2

• tobbitoulouse
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 11 months ago #346 by tobbitoulouse
same Problems with piston on beta1 and beta2 was created by tobbitoulouse
Hello,

I tried to work out the example from the first beta version called \"piston\".
Everything works fine (on a Dell Desktop station) only the step \"Compute\" shows the ERROR message: \"An exception has been caught. Click OK to continue. SIGSEGV segmentation violation detected. Address 20.
Nevertheless I can work on, only when I start the calculation with ASTK I get no proper solution, which I cannot retrace as a beginner...

I thought it is an writing error on the DVD. For this reason I tried the new beta2 version, which is quiet excellent!!!
But there I got the same message and when it pushed \"RUN\" on astk the system hang off...?!?!

I thank in advance for a response and this great invention!
I started half a year ago with a Mandriva and tried to install Code-Aster, but I think the french documentation is horrible?!?! (Even my french student colleges shared this opinion). My aim is the calculation of a bearing under working tempretur and preloads...far way.

Greetz from Aachen, Germany
tobi

Another bug of beta2 seems to be the refreshing of the displaying. When I rotate the piston, it shows me always the old layer under the new position, which causes lots of lines.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 11 months ago #348 by Joël Cugnoni
Replied by Joël Cugnoni on topic Re:same Problems with piston on beta1 and beta2
Hello,

the SIGSEG error is usually caused by some problems with the hypotheses: for example, the requested element size (1D hypothesis Average Length) is too big so that some edges do not even have one element. So try to decrease the element size or check your mesh hypothesis.

Normally in the piston tutorial, the given mesh size should be OK, so I don't know what's wrong in the present case... maybe the hypotheses have not been assigned correctly?
You need to select at 3 hypotheses in the Global Hypothesis dialog (1D, 2D & 3D) and 3 algorithms too.

If you have a SIGSEG, try to update the mesh result (right on Mesh_1 -> Update) and then try to see if the mesh is complete: right click on Mesh_1 -> Advanced Info. : you should see at 3 kind of elements: 1D lines, 2D triangles, 3D tetrahedra. If not there is no use to go further to ASTK.

When you have an error in ASTK, try to read the .resu file or .mess file after it fails (difficult to read... but a lot of information), and try to find

[code:1][/code:1]

to identify where are the errors.

Good luck.

PS: some new tutorials will be published in a few days.

Joël Cugnoni - a.k.a admin
www.caelinux.com

• tobbitoulouse
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 11 months ago #349 by tobbitoulouse
Replied by tobbitoulouse on topic Re:same Problems with piston on beta1 and beta2
Hello,

I've tried a few modifications now, but always get the same Error message, though I get a net(mesh) on the surface when I select \"Update\".
When I change the parameters of Av. length from 1 to 10 and Max. El. Vol. from 1 to 100, the net is always adapted after \"Update\"
Using the original configuration with 5 and 100 from the tutorial, the Advanced Info is:
Name: Mesh_1
Nodes: 1519
Edges: 696
Faces:
Triangles: 3050
Volumes: 0

Up to this point I followed exactly the tutorial.
Perhaps you can suggest another simple example I could try.

Greetz,
tobi

More
17 years 11 months ago #350 by Joël Cugnoni
Replied by Joël Cugnoni on topic Re:same Problems with piston on beta1 and beta2
oops , this seems really strange...

Could you please send me your current work (Salome .hdf file) by email to : admin -at- caelinux -dot- com

I will try to see what causes the problem.

www.caelinux.com

• rusty
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 7 months ago #593 by rusty
Replied by rusty on topic I have the same problem
I`ve tried the Piston Tutorial and the 1st of the JML Tutorials a few times, but I always get the error and there are no Volume objects in the Mesh_1->Advanced Info.
Do you already know where the problem is?

I`ve also tried to install the CAElinuxon my HDD, but it can`t find my HDD.
(I have a SiS chipset with Celeron D and a SerialATA disk with WinXP and SuSE already installed).

Can you help me somehow?

More
17 years 7 months ago #597 by Joël Cugnoni
Replied by Joël Cugnoni on topic Re:I have the same problem
For the problem with the tutorial, I can't figure out what is the problem... so could you please send me your Salome project (hdf file) by email at: admin [at] caelinux.com
I will try to have a look at it.

For your hard disk, it seems that your SIS disk controller is not supported on the current beta version of CAELinux. You can try to find more info on PCLinuxOS forums at www.pclinuxos.com if it will be supported by the next version of CAELinux (based on pclinuxos .93 with kernel 2.6.16).

www.caelinux.com

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds