CaeLinux doesn t starts

• Danieke
  • Topic Author
More
16 years 11 months ago #1197 by Danieke
CaeLinux doesn t starts was created by Danieke
Good morning everybody.
I need help because Im experiencing difficulties in starting CaeLinux.
I downloaded the .rar parts, joined and burned the .iso file on a DVD. All proceed fine.
When I restart the pc with the DVD in the drive CaeLinux starts and i can see the blue screen with the progress bar in the middle. After that, a black screen appears and the computer is jammed. No DVD and/ or HDD activities are recognizable. All I cand do is an hardware reboot, the procedure restarts but everytime jams at the same point.
The pc is 1,5 years old and i havent last generation / sophidticated devices on it.
Some days ago I tried the beta3a release but the results were similar. The black screen with the progress bar in the middle appears, but at the end a black screen appears and the pc is jammed.
Thank you very much for your kinderness.
Daniele

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 11 months ago #1198 by Joël Cugnoni
Replied by Joël Cugnoni on topic Re:CaeLinux doesn t starts
Hi,
did you try one of the alternate mode in the first boot menu, like the ALT-FrameBuffer 1024x768 mode (second page of the menu)?
This should help if there is a problem with the graphic card detection.

Also, during the loading of the OS (blue sky + progress bar), try to press \"ESC\" to see the messages.

Good luck

J.Cugnoni

Joël Cugnoni - a.k.a admin
www.caelinux.com

• Bianchi
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 11 months ago #1200 by Bianchi
Replied by Bianchi on topic Re:CaeLinux doesn t starts
Dear Mr. Cugnoni,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I tried some options (noapic - nolapic) but I havent'tryed the option you suggest.
I ll try and I ll inform you of the results.

I tried to see the boot screen pressing the esc button.
During the boot I press esc: the blue sky background disappears and i can see the progress.
All is ok, no problem during this, but at the end all disappears, I can see a black screen only and the computer is jammed.

I was able to start CaeLinux two times only.
Not with my desktop, with a Dell notebook of a friend of mine it started 2 times but It jammed: the other times the boot don t reach the end and an error message appers (I don t remember the message but i can tell you tomorrow).

Thank you again: I ll try and inform you of the results.

Another question: is there a way to install CAELinux on the Hard Disk without starting it with the Live CD?
I know that, when the Live Cd starts, there is a procedure to install but I m not able to follow this way.
Pheraps, if i install it on the HDD directly, i can use it.

Daniele Bianchi

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds