Unexpected results in Post-Pro

• Johan Stadler
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 10 months ago #6316 by Johan Stadler
Unexpected results in Post-Pro was created by Johan Stadler
To find answers to unexpected results on a reasonably complex model, I have modelled a simply supported beam, 1000 mm long, 200 wide and 50 high with an edge load of 83.3 N/mm. The load was chosen to give me a nice 100 MPa at 500 mm. This should alsio give an end deflection of 12.7 mm.

Post-Pro reports stresses (SIXX) at the beam center between 74 and 49 MPa with an average of 57 MPa (sighns ignored) and a deflection of 8.5 mm.

Digging a bit deeper into it I found, just to add to the confusion, that the node numbers in Scalar Map not equals those in Cut Planes not equals those in the RESU file.

Finding a midpoint surface node from the coordinates in the RESU file, gives a stress of 100 MPa. So the right answers are there, but I do not get them in Post-Pro?

Do I miss something?

Thanks in advance to those who will enlighten me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #6317 by Claus
Replied by Claus on topic Re: Unexpected results in Post-Pro
Have you seen this? :
www.caelinux.org/wiki/index.php/Contrib:...ster/10_x_cases/beam

There might be an answer in there, otherwise post again :)

/C

Code_Aster release : STA11.4 on OpenSUSE 12.3 64 bits - EDF/Intel version

• Johan Stadler
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 10 months ago #6338 by Johan Stadler
Replied by Johan Stadler on topic Re: Unexpected results in Post-Pro
Claws, thanks for your response.

I am embarressed to admit that I have been comparing two files with different time stamps. To make me feel better I will blame this to the learning curve.

So of my questions the only one still puzzling me, is the relationship between numbers of midpoint nodes of quad elements in Post-pro and the RESU file.

One other question: is there a way to graphically present the loads and constraints?

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds