efforts on a sail

• Panloup
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 2 months ago #6112 by Panloup
efforts on a sail was created by Panloup
Hello everybody, I'm a French student and I currently have to study a sail to prepare an exam. I'd like to do a virtual simulation of the impact of the wind on a rigid sail. I made a 3D model and a mesh file with Salome-Meca, and I use Code-Saturne to simulate the flow. At the moment, I just have a scalar map of the pressure field, but I don't know how to obtain efforts on the sail. When I tried: Boundary/Fields/Efforts, Salome-Meca returned "the object can't be built". Shall I specify something to CS before the calculation ? How to define which surface is the sail ?
Thanks
Panloup Romain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #6115 by Claus
Replied by Claus on topic Re: efforts on a sail
Importing 'efforts' from CS to CA can be tricky, but I remember a few post about it on the CA forum, so head over there and search for it. That's all the help I can provide atm. Lets us know if you figure it out. :)

/C

Code_Aster release : STA11.4 on OpenSUSE 12.3 64 bits - EDF/Intel version

More
12 years 2 months ago #6122 by Yvan Fournier
Replied by Yvan Fournier on topic Re: efforts on a sail
Hello,
I am not sure about VISU, but importing efforts on the boundary from CS to ParaView should be rather straightforward :
  • using the Code_Saturne GUI, activate output on boundary faces
  • under ParaView, use the "extract blocks" filter to separate the volume from the boundary meshes and variables. The efforts will then be viewable
Also, to have a global sum on the sail, you may use the usproj.f90 user subroutine (an example for efforts is provided, you only need to adapt the selection of surfaces to your mesh).

More
12 years 2 months ago #6124 by Claus
Replied by Claus on topic Re: efforts on a sail
Hmm seems I misread your question. As yfournier points out, Paraview can display these fields.
Note that Paraview is far superior to Salomé when it comes to post-processing results from Code_Saturne (for Ensight format at least)

/C

Code_Aster release : STA11.4 on OpenSUSE 12.3 64 bits - EDF/Intel version

• Panloup
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 2 months ago #6125 by Panloup
Replied by Panloup on topic Re: efforts on a sail
Hi ! Thank you for your answers. When I tried to open the ensight file with paraview, it asked me to choose a reader... Shall I install an other application, or a reader already takes place on CAElinux ? In this case, what's its name ?

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #6126 by Yvan Fournier
Replied by Yvan Fournier on topic Re: efforts on a sail
Hello,

You need to choose the .case file with ParaView, which should then realize that you are using the EnSight format and choose the correct reader automatically.

Yvan Fournier
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Yvan Fournier.

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds