Simulating multi-block in POST-PRO, Salomé

• Jarunan Panyasantisuk
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 11 months ago #2888 by Jarunan Panyasantisuk
Simulating multi-block in POST-PRO, Salomé was created by Jarunan Panyasantisuk
Hello,

In Post-Pro of Salomé, I would like to postprocess a result file with multi blocks; it consists of 4 meshes (maa1,maa2,maa3,maa4) with the same variables (champs: ro rou rov row) for each mesh.

I am trying to do a scalar map of all the mesh in the same time but what I could do is doing scalar map for each mesh, so I have 4 scalar maps in "3D Cache System" instead of one. Moreover, these 4 scalar maps does not synchronize the scale(they retain their own scale) so the image in Gauss scene is discontinuous.

Could you please give me any advice?

Thank you vey much
Jarunan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #2889 by kwou
Hello Jarunan

the scale of the fields can be made identical for all four results and so giving a resulting picture without discontinuities.

In the post processing module under the desired field right select 'Scalar map' and then tick the 'Use imposed field' and select the same 'min'imum and 'max'imum values for all four fields. All the results then nicely fit together.

If the fields are already available, right click on the fieldname under 'fields' in the object browser and select 'edit'. You get the same template as described above. So it is no problem to change the scale after the four fields are displayed in the vtk-viewer.

** kind regards - kees<br /><br />Post edited by: Kees Wouters, at: 2009/05/12 22:25

Interest: structural mechanics, solar energy (picture at 'my location' shows too little pv panels)

--
kind regards - kees

• Jarunan Panyasantisuk
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 11 months ago #2890 by Jarunan Panyasantisuk
Replied by Jarunan Panyasantisuk on topic Re:Simulating multi-block in POST-PRO, Salomé
Hello Kees,

Thank you very much. Now they looks nice together. Here is another problem about the structure of result file, if you do not mind.

Now I have 4 meshes with 7 fields for each (28 fields in total). When I want to simulate a field and to get a whole picture, I have to right click then choose scalar map for each mesh, and then adapt their scales. Is it possible to select the same field of each mesh, then choose scalar map, then every mesh pops up with a synchronized scale?

There might be other file structure than the one I created but I do not have any example of result file with multi-mesh. I you have any as an example, it would be very helpful.

Best regards,
Jarunan

More
14 years 11 months ago #2891 by kwou
Hello Jarunan

Now I have 4 meshes with 7 fields for each (28 fields in total). When I want to simulate a field and to get a whole picture, I have to right click then choose scalar map for each mesh, and then adapt their scales. Is it possible to select the same field of each mesh, then choose scalar map, then every mesh pops up with a synchronized scale?

What you can do is the following:
select all the fields in the object browser (by ctrl clicking) that you wish to have to same scale, and than right click. You get a menu with 'Merge Scalar Range' which does the trick: setting the scales of all fields equal. This is much easier then setting the values seperately for each field.

You can also set the field range by a Python script: eg: ScalarMap.SetRange(-2.1e+08, 1e+08) or ScalarMap.SetRange(min,max) where ScalarMap is the name of the field. (I have not tried this, I am not sure whether ScalarMap is known in the Python command window immediately.)

There might be other file structure than the one I created but I do not have any example of result file with multi-mesh. I you have any as an example, it would be very helpful.

This, someone else need to answer.

** kind regards - kees

Interest: structural mechanics, solar energy (picture at 'my location' shows too little pv panels)

--
kind regards - kees

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds