Visualisation of the stresses in Post Pro

• Georgi Georgiev
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 9 months ago #2107 by Georgi Georgiev
Visualisation of the stresses in Post Pro was created by Georgi Georgiev
Hello to everybody in the forum,
I started to study the Salome 2 weeks ago and its still quite new for me - but I'm trying to analyze one steel plate using nonlinear assumptions. So I read some examples and the documentation of the program so I've made a code in Eficas using STAT_NON_LINE function and finally Code-Aster is saying that the analysis is OK. But my problem is coming when I try to visualize the stresses in the plate...this is the code I'm using for output of the stresses:
#Compute VonMises Stress / Strain

SolQuad=CALC_ELEM(reuse =SolQuad,
MODELE=MODE,
CHAM_MATER=MATE,
RESULTAT=SolQuad,
OPTION=('SIEF_ELNO_ELGA','EPSI_ELNO_DEPL','EPSP_ELNO','EQUI_ELNO_SIGM','EQUI_ELNO_EPSI',),);

#Write results to MED File

IMPR_RESU(MODELE=MODE,
FORMAT='MED',
UNITE=80,
RESU=(_F(MAILLAGE=MAIL,
RESULTAT=SolQuad,
NOM_CHAM='DEPL',
TOUT_CMP='OUI',),
_F(RESULTAT=SolQuad,
NOM_CHAM='EQUI_ELNO_SIGM',
NOM_CMP='VMIS',),),);

FIN();

I can visualize the deformed shape of the plate and if there is deformations there should be also stresses...but when I right click on the Post-Pro--->MAIL---->Fields--->EQUI_ELNO_SIGM____ nothing happens. What might be wrong in the comm file?
Also I found as a reference one example of similar analysis, but there they are creating a new mesh with quadratic elements and afterwards they are switching back to first order elements with the assumption that Salome can read only data for first order elements. But I think in the newest version you can put as a hypothesis "Quadratic mesh". So Salome can read second order elements? Is this correct and if it is I don't need to switch b/w the two mesh types ?

thanks in advance for the help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #2187 by johannes ackva
Replied by johannes ackva on topic Re:Visualisation of the stresses in Post Pro
I suppose (but am not shure) that fields of the type *_ELNO_* cannot be grafically displayed in Salome.

I use to have always linear meshes in Salome. I also cannot display fields of the type *_ELNO_* . I use to calculate the nodal stress field *_NOE_* and this I can display in Salome.

Regards, Johannes

More
15 years 8 months ago #2188 by johannes ackva
Replied by johannes ackva on topic Re:Visualisation of the stresses in Post Pro
I suppose (but am not shure) that fields of the type *_ELNO_* cannot be grafically displayed in Salome.

I use to have always linear meshes in Salome. I also cannot display fields of the type *_ELNO_* . I use to calculate the nodal stress field *_NOE_* and this I can display in Salome.

Regards, Johannes

More
15 years 7 months ago #2213 by J S
"I can visualize the deformed shape of the plate and if there is deformations there should be also stresses...but when I right click on the Post-Pro--->MAIL---->Fields--->EQUI_ELNO_SIGM____ nothing happens. What might be wrong in the comm file?"

I have the same problem... right clicking on Equi_Elno_sigm_, choosing Inconnu/Scalar map and nothing happens. I can see the deformation ok.

same problem on CAELinux 2007 and latest CAELinux 2008 install.

Suggestions on where to check for the source of the problem? I know it's worked at one point (2007 Beta 3b) as I went through the piston tutorial and saw stresses there.<br /><br />Post edited by: J S, at: 2008/08/27 08:35

More
15 years 7 months ago #2214 by J S
I just ran the &quot;piston&quot; tutorial model (to ensure it wasn't an error in my own test file) and still the same problem! I can see the displacements fine but cannot get the Von Mises stresses.

Trying any of the SolutionEQUI_... options does not provide any change except for the &quot;Plot3D&quot; option that gives an error message &quot;The object can't be built&quot;.

here are the last few lines in the Shell window after attempting several of these plots (last action was &quot;scalar map&quot; with just prior to that a couple of &quot;Plot3D&quot; attempts).

&quot;/local/palmco/SALOME2/MED/V3_2_9/MED_SRC/src/MEDWrapper/V2_2/MED_V2_2_Wrapper.cxx[1820]::GetValTimeStamp - aNbGauss(4) &gt; 1 &amp;&amp; !aGaussInf...
th. 3020646080 - Trace /local/palmco/SALOME2/VISU/V3_2_9/VISU_SRC/src/VISU_I/VISU_ColoredPrs3d_i.cc [960] : Follow exception was occured :
/local/palmco/SALOME2/MED/V3_2_9/MED_SRC/src/MEDWrapper/V2_2/MED_V2_2_Wrapper.cxx[1820]::GetValTimeStamp - aNbGauss(4) &gt; 1 &amp;&amp; !...
th. 3020646080 - Trace /local/palmco/SALOME2/VISU/V3_2_9/VISU_SRC/src/VISU_I/VISU_Gen_i.cc [270] : Follow exception was occured :
/local/palmco/SALOME2/MED/V3_2_9/MED_SRC/src/MEDWrapper/V2_2/MED_V2_2_Wrapper.cxx[1820]::GetValTimeStamp - aNbGauss(4) &gt; 1 &amp;&amp; !aGaussInf...
&quot;

John

More
15 years 6 months ago #2319 by jose maria
Replied by jose maria on topic Re:Visualisation of the stresses in Post Pro
I've the shame problem. I'm trying to do with the field *_NOE_* but it doesn't works, what configuration have you utilised in CALC_ELEMNT?
Thanks

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds