Salome Post Problems

• Torsten Sadowski
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 years 3 months ago #129 by Torsten Sadowski
Salome Post Problems was created by Torsten Sadowski
Hi,

Salome has a very nasty habit to disregard changes in result files. I'm using beam elements to find the eigenmodes of a shaft. If I change the boundary conditions from fixed to free I get different frequencies and modes. But Salome does show the results from the new session with the labels (frequencies) of the previous session. To get the new values I have to close and reopen Salome.

My other problem is that Salome does not allow to extract data from the MED file and it is not feasible to use cutlines to get data from a one dimensional beam. How can I tell code-aster to write special data to a table?

There is a third problem:
Explore MED file crashes Salome:
*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (!prev): 0x08c196a8 ***

but anyway, everything is still better than Ansys ;)

Cheers, Torsten

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• admin
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 years 3 months ago #130 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re:Salome Post Problems
Hi Torsten,

I had reported this problem to the Salome dev team several month ago, so the problem that you are describing here is known, but I forgot to mention it in the \"Draft Documentation\" (which tend now to be more a list of bugs / solutions than a real documentation...).
Now I have added a small paragraph on this problem, so, even if there is no \"real\" solution now, I hope that this will change with the next Salome v3.

For the extraction of \"cut lines\", there are several solutions, but I have to go back to the documentation to describe them correctly... so I will give you some details soon (sorry I am very busy now...) !!

For Ansys... no comment... ;) (but thanks!!!)

• admin
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 years 3 months ago #150 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re:Salome Post Problems
Hi Torsten,

you can use the following commands in Aster to extract values on cutlines to a table:
- INTE_MAIL_2D or INTE_MAIL_3D to define a cut path, defines by nodes, node groups or even with start/end coordinates (options ORIGINE & EXTREMITE).
- POST_RELEVE_T to create a table & extract values from the cut path: use option EXTRACTION and CHEMIN = name_of_cut_path (or COURBE, I don't remember exactly). This will create a Table object with the data you are looking for. Also specify RESU=your_results and specify the field / components in the same way as in IMPR_RESU.
- use the IMPR_TABLE command to save the table to a text file: use FORMAT= TABLEAU & specify UNITE=xx (xx=29 for example). Then add a new file in ASTK with type = digr and unit set to xx (default is 29).

That's all for this part.

Another possibility (I think you already know it, but it may be usefull to others too):
Open the result MED file in SALOME, and add a \"Cutline\" post-pro function on the result you need to extract. Then position the set of cutlines in the dialog box (use preview to see what you are doing, it can be a bit difficult the first time). When done, the cutline function will create a Table object, right click on it in the tree view & choose \"create 2D plot\". To view the plot, choose Menu->Windows->New 2D Plot View (or something similar); and that's it.

But you are true, it does only work for 3D Finite Elements, and not for Beams...

For the Explore MED file: same problem on my installs, it seems to be another bug of 2.2.2 version. But anyway, the Explore Med function is not that usefull...

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds