modelling pre-stress

More
8 years 5 months ago #8437 by men
modelling pre-stress was created by men
Hi everyone,

I am trying to build up a model in code aster 12.4. The goal is to build the model in 3 steps:

1. Stretch a component by a defined length; easy

2. Return the deformed mesh and attach the mesh to another mesh; worked fine with the commands MODI_MAILLAGE and ASSE_MAILLAGE,

3. Apply the calculated stresses in step 1 to the component of step 1 in the model of step 2.; this is where I struggle to find a nice solution.

Things I tried to acomplish step 3:

- I tried to project the fields with the command PROJ_CHAMP on the model of step 2. this worked, but the results were applied to the whole mesh and not only the structure of step1.

- I tired to project the fields with the command PROJ_CHAMP on the deformed mesh from step 1 before merging the two meshes, but this did not work out and code_aster crashed.

- I saw that the command AFFE_CHAR_MECA offers the option to apply pre-stress with the option PRE_SIGM, but the description seams not very clear about how to apply this command

So my general question on topic is, if there is a nice solution around to apply results from a previous structural calculation to a second. And if someone may have some example codes or a suggestion about a test case which deals with this topic?

Thanks a lot in advance
Menb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds