SPD loading on a substructured beam model

• Quentin
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #8228 by Quentin
Hello everyone,

I have developed a modal analysis of a particular wind turbine (If you want to see the beast : ArbreAVent ) using sub structuring strategy. My model is now working correctly and my results are great. Now I want to use this model in order to see the dynamic effect of the wind on the structure. My first idea is to load each substructure with a SPD effort (that represent the wind). Do you guys know which key words I should use ? It would help me a lot in my search ! I have read a few paper that talked about earthquake loads in ASTER. But it seems that accelerations are used to load the model... I want to charge it with efforts (might be the same if I load elements with acceleration/localmass ??).

I must confess that I haven't look deeply on that subject. This post is an opening to my further questions on that subject.

I'm open to all propositions to solve this problem (including renouncing to my substructure model to go on a classic one). I might be wrong, but reduced model sounds like perfect for loading a structure with generalized forces right ?

My first insight of the problem turn myself toward key words like : DYNA_ALEA_MODEL or DYNA_SPEC_MODAL. What do you guys think ?

I hope you guys will have lot of idea. I look forward reading your answers !
See you all !
Quentin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds