Code_Aster Compile Failure

• admin
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 years 3 weeks ago #260 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re:Code_Aster Compile Failure
Hi,

congratulation ofr your patience, finally it is running !!

Concerning the internationalization, I am also very interested in that aspect for the future, but we cannot spend a lot on time on translation now, but I will try to ask Code-Aster devs at EDF for some details on how to translate the interface (mainly EFICAS) and also if it is possible to have the full documentation in Word format (much easier to start translations from Work files thant PDFs...).

So if you can do some translations / english documents (examples etc...) it would be very appreciated if you can send a copy to Code-Aster development team so they can enrich the very small English section of their site.

Moreover, if you have some questions, don't hesitate to post here or directly on Code-Aster forums (even if 90% of the messages are in french, english is also welcome there !! )

Good luck and i hope to hear a lot of good news from you soon !!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• The Never
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 years 3 weeks ago #262 by The Never
Replied by The Never on topic Re:Code_Aster Compile Failure
Sorry for the cross post, but hopefully this will get the attention of those following this thread.
My post on internationalization---

caelinux.com/CMS/index.php?option=com_si...p;id=261&catid=2

---End Offtopic---

---Begin Onoptic---
While I'm on a posting spree tonight, let me mention my issue with the compile.
In setup.cfg I used --->

[code:1]
CC='/usr/bin/gcc'
F77='/usr/bin/g77'
LD='/usr/bin/g77'

MATH_LIST =

[/code:1]

This was failing time and time again as I mentioned, Until, on a random whim I decided to remove the python/numeric development packages and reinstall them. It then compiled and worked. This was done as root.
Some basic Machine information -> Dual 2Ghz Opteron 32bit mode. Kernel 2.6.16-sparsemem-test. Root Filesystem is XFS.

Due to a post of a HDF5 version problem between Salome (version 2.2.8) and Code_Aster, I rolled my Code_Aster HDF5 component back to HDF5-1.4.4.tar.gz
Currently I've had no issues. I intend on upgrading back to the latest version (1.6.something I believe) as soon as I can get Salome to Either A) quit complaining about GCC 4 or B ) properly use the GCC 3.3 envrionment I have setup for it.

Perhaps this will help others.

• The Never
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 years 3 weeks ago #265 by The Never
Replied by The Never on topic Re:Code_Aster Compile Failure
Umm, I just noticed that for some reason it included a bit of PHP code when I used the Code feature. Naturally, that PHP bit isn't in my setup.cfg. :laugh:

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.466 seconds