The forum is in read only mode.

heterogeneous elastic material

• Stephen Brown
  • Topic Author
More
17 years 1 month ago #1116 by Stephen Brown
heterogeneous elastic material was created by Stephen Brown
Hi,

I want to do a 2-D static elastic simulation of a body with a circular hole in it (actually a hole in a very thick body), where the material is heterogeneous in its elastic properties, although smoothly varying. Is it plausible to assign elastic properties in this way?

Since I'm new to Aster, and a non-francophone, can anyone gove me an example of how to construct the elastic properties lines in the input files?

Actually, the problem is worse than I've let on -- the material is also anisotropic, with spatially varying Cijkl, but I'll cross that bridge later.

Thanks for any help.

Stephen
  • admin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 1 month ago #1122 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re:heterogeneous elastic material
Hello

to model such behaviour, the simplest approach is to define a temperature-dependant material property and to assign a \"virtual\" temperature field to the structure to simulate the smooth gradient of mechanical properties.

To define temp. dependant material properties, you will need to define several functions (DEFI_FONCTION) of temperature (TEMP) describing the evolution of E, nu etc..

Assign temperature dependent elastic properties:
in DEFI_MATERIAU use the option ELAS_FO (or other *_FO) to specify properties as functions of temperature.

To create a temperature field, you can either:
1) create the field directly with CREA_CHAM and some functions (formula defined by FORMULE)
2) read the fields (see LIRE_RESU, LIRE_CHAMP)
3) solve a simple thermal problem (usefull if you now some values of properties on \"boundaries\" but not in the full field of the analysis => see AFFE_CHAR_THER & THER_LINE

Good luck!!
Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds