Correct Password NOT recognised after installation of CAELinux2020 on windows 7

• Shesh Nath Singh
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 5 months ago #9617 by Shesh Nath Singh
Yesterday, I installed CAELinux2020 over the Windows 7 partition of one of my computers. The Windows 7 had gone unbootable.

I opted for 'something else' in the installation option and installed CAELinux2020 by formatting the windows partition (sda3) and making it root.

Everything went smoothly up to end. But when I booted with the newly installed CAELinux2020, it asked for login. I provided the login name and the password correctly. Still, it went on saying 'incorrect password'.

Finally, I searched internet about this problem and solved the problem using these steps-

1) started CAELinux2020 in 'recovery mode'.

2) chose 'drop to root shell prompt' in the various options provided in recovery mode.

3) A Command prompt appeared. On the command prompt, I typed "mount -o remount,rw /" (without quotes)

4) Now I typed, "sudo passwd <my_user_name>"

5) It was asked for password (twice), which I supplied.

Finally it declared login successful. Now CAELinux2020 is running fine.

-- SN SINGH

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 5 months ago #9619 by Joël Cugnoni
Dear SN Singh

this is a weird bu. I have not experienced it during my tests, so I don't really know what causes it...
But thanks a lot for posting this solution!

Best Regards

• Shesh Nath Singh
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 5 months ago #9623 by Shesh Nath Singh
I have installed atleast 15 distros or their new versions. But I also had not experienced this earlier. May be because I was making dual boot, triple boot etc and not 'overwriting' on windows partition. I was surprised to find that this is a known problem for some Linux distros and solution does exist.

-- SN SINGH

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds