Fresh Install... Update Manager Crashes!

• Keith Poplasky
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #8217 by Keith Poplasky
Fresh Install... Update Manager Crashes! was created by Keith Poplasky
I just installed. I have not used CAE Linux in a while. Back for more CAD etc. I am running a homebrew box with 4GB RAM and a dual core Pentium CPU.

The trouble may stem from some error that occured during install. It gave an error during the install that "Some previously installed packages could not be updated" I thought this was odd because I formatted the HD prior to this install. So, on first boot, (have not re-booted yet) when the update manager tried to start up it crashed. Then, when the crash report was detected (That seems to work just fine) the crash reporter closed itself after it was unable to determine which package the error was in. So, here I am. The box is running well otherwise. I would like to ask a side question: Which program will give me a GUI list of what is installed in this system. Both hardware and software would be nice. I would like to see what is there because I put this box together a few years ago and I don't remember what is in it caelinux.com/CMS/components/com_kunena/t...emoticons/unsure.png I think that will help others write error reports as well.

Here are the contents of .xsession-errors

openConnection: connect: No such file or directory
cannot connect to brltty at :0
xfce4-settings-helper: Another instance is already running. Leaving...

(polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1:1788): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_variant_new_string: assertion `string != NULL' failed

(polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1:1788): polkit-gnome-1-WARNING **: Failed to register client: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.gnome.SessionManager was not provided by any .service files

(xfce4-settings-helper:1860): xfce4-settings-helper-WARNING **: Failed to get the _NET_NUMBER_OF_DESKTOPS property.

(xfce4-indicator-plugin:1934): libindicator-WARNING **: IndicatorObject class does not have an accessible description.

(xfce4-indicator-plugin:1934): libindicator-WARNING **: IndicatorObject class does not have an accessible description.

(xfce4-indicator-plugin:1934): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_realize: assertion `GTK_WIDGET_ANCHORED (widget) || GTK_IS_INVISIBLE (widget)' failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/defer/__init__.py", line 473, in _inline_callbacks
result = gen.throw(result.type, result.value, result.traceback)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/aptdaemon/gtk3widgets.py", line 673, in _run
yield self._transaction.run()
aptdaemon.errors.TransactionFailed: Transaction failed: None
E:Malformed line 1 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list.d/gerris.list (dist parse)
Error: No running window found
xfce4-taskmanager-Message: Running as wrekced on wrekced-G41M-ES2L

(firefox:2310): Gtk-CRITICAL **: _gtk_text_layout_get_block_cursor: assertion `layout != NULL' failed

(firefox:2310): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_text_layout_get_cursor_locations: assertion `layout != NULL' failed

(firefox:2310): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_window_invalidate_rect_full: assertion `GDK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed

(firefox:2310): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_window_invalidate_rect_full: assertion `GDK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed

(firefox:2310): Gtk-CRITICAL **: _gtk_text_layout_get_block_cursor: assertion `layout != NULL' failed

(firefox:2310): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_text_layout_get_cursor_locations: assertion `layout != NULL' failed

Here is the error message it caused:

An unresolvable problem occurred while initializing the package information.

Please report this bug against the 'update-manager' package and include the following error message:

'E:Malformed line 1 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list.d/gerris.list (dist parse)'

Please let me know what it should say there. Or where to get a pristine copy of that file. Of course, if anyone sees anything else that should be done to rectify this, please let me know.

Many thanks in advance,
Keith Poplasky

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds