Linux distro required to run CAELinux as end user

• Ricardo Benito
  • Ricardo Benito's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 2 weeks ago #6795 by Ricardo Benito
CAELinux 2007 runs on PCLinuxOS
CAELinux 1011 uses Ubuntu 10.04 as OS, (I se it as it was on windowsxp). I have had CAELinux 2011 with ubuntu 10.04, and updating to ubuntu 12.04, CAELinux was not working the sme as it didbefore
Must I install PCLinusOS to get CAELinux working right from version 2007 and will then work updates?
I am a single user thet works at engineering and mechanical design (mainly open wheeled race cars) and need open source software and CAELinux suits me fine as equivalent propirtary software cost a lot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #6796 by kwou
Hoi RicBenMar

CAELinux will run on ubuntu 12.04 but might have a lot of broken libraries or files.
If you state more precise what the your problem is, we might be able to help.

Kind regard - kees

Interest: structural mechanics, solar energy (picture at 'my location' shows too little pv panels)

--
kind regards - kees

• Ricardo Benito
More
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 1 week ago #6799 by Ricardo Benito
Replied by Ricardo Benito on topic Re: Linux distro required to run CAELinux as end user
Then CAELinux works properly on PCLinuxOS?
I need CAELinux to work for end user, I am not enought skilled to be developer or tester but I need all the software (CAD,FEM,CFD...) for my every day work
Last edit: 11 years 1 week ago by Ricardo Benito.

• Ricardo Benito
More
11 years 1 week ago #6809 by Ricardo Benito
Replied by Ricardo Benito on topic Re: Linux distro required to run CAELinux as end user
Hi

I have installed CAELinux 2011 wich OS is ubuntu 10.04, and comes with some software as Salome-Meca. Code-Aster and others.

All that software has updated and I want to know what to do to work with all that updeted software.

I tried to update to ubuntu 12.04 and CAELinux did't work.

Now I have read at CAELinux site that version 2013 is under development and no link is there to download it.

The question is: If I install PCLinuxOS and CAELinux 2007 can I update it or the software that comes enveded to the latest versions?

I there any link to download and use CAELinux 2013 as end user?

More
11 years 1 week ago #6810 by Joël Cugnoni
Replied by Joël Cugnoni on topic Re: Linux distro required to run CAELinux as end user
Hi,
Let me clarify:
CAELinux is a linux distribution, it cannot be installed as a software on your existing install (only exception: CAElinux 2013 which is under development).

For 32bit machines, the last release is CAElinux 2008 which is based on PClinuxOS. I would not recommend updating anything on this old release as the repository are probably no more online.

For 64bit, the last release is CAElinux 2011 based on Ubuntu 10.04. On this one I recommend you to do all the automatic security UPDATES, but NO UPGRADE to Ubuntu 12.04.

If you want to be 'cutting edge', you can also try to install Ubuntu 12.04 64bit and test the packages for CAElinux 2013, more info here:

sourceforge.net/p/caelinux/home/CAELinux_2013_development/

Joël Cugnoni - a.k.a admin
www.caelinux.com

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds