Installing CAE LInux in UBuntu 12.04 LTS or WIndow

• Alberto Mario Striedinger Pinilla
  • Alberto Mario Striedinger Pinilla's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 3 months ago #6627 by Alberto Mario Striedinger Pinilla
Installing CAE LInux in UBuntu 12.04 LTS or WIndow was created by Alberto Mario Striedinger Pinilla
Hello everybody, I am new in here, and I just got signed it XD.

I am woundering if this software can be used in ubuntu 12.04lts or in windows 7. I was recomended to work with openfoam, but as far as I can see CAE Linux seems ot offer a better visual -user interface. Besides since I am also new at CFD I would like a tool easy to work with and to understand what it does (I want to levae the conception of balck box about CFD that most people I know have......).

Hence, can any body tell me if I will encounter problem when installing CAE LINux for my ubuntu instllation??? Ahint. My aims are to simulated wind tubrine blades and get the fluid structure interaction. xd

KInd regards,
ALberto STriedinger PInilla

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #6634 by kwou
Hoi ALberto

if you mean CAELinux by 'this software' than you donot need an OS because it is a complete OS installed including a lot of software (Live CD).
If you mean Salome-Meca by 'this software' than it will run fine on Ubuntu 12.X LTS, maybe you need to update/install some libraries.
If you mean Code-Aster by 'this software' than it will run fine on Ubuntu 12.X LTS, maybe you need to update/install some libraries.
If you mean Salome6.5.X by 'this software' than it will run fine on Ubuntu 12.X LTS, maybe you need to update/install some libraries.

Interest: structural mechanics, solar energy (picture at 'my location' shows too little pv panels)

--
kind regards - kees
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by kwou.

• Alberto Mario Striedinger Pinilla
  • Alberto Mario Striedinger Pinilla's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 3 months ago #6635 by Alberto Mario Striedinger Pinilla
Replied by Alberto Mario Striedinger Pinilla on topic Re: Installing CAE LInux in UBuntu 12.04 LTS or WIndow
KInd regards man,

I thought CAE LInux was a software not an OS. I realize that now. Is just that I was woried with the OPen Foam version.

Sincerely,
ALberto

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds