problems during install on hard drive

• jcd
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 8 months ago #529 by jcd
Hi,

I tried to install CAE linux on my Notebook (ThinkPad) but I have a serious problem (also on a normal PC):
The live CD activates the numberating block of the keyboard !!
On a notebook the means, that I can use the keys: j k l u i o / ( or ) so I cannot work with the system. Because the terminal does not work and also creating a account is not possible. I have no idea how to switch off this. Is there a boot flag I must apply ?

Thanks for your help!

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jcd
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 8 months ago #542 by jcd
jcd wrote:

Hi,

I tried to install CAE linux on my Notebook (ThinkPad) but I have a serious problem (also on a normal PC):
The live CD activates the numberating block of the keyboard !!
On a notebook the means, that I can use the keys: j k l u i o / ( or ) so I cannot work with the system. Because the terminal does not work and also creating a account is not possible. I have no idea how to switch off this. Is there a boot flag I must apply ?

Thanks for your help!

Regards

Ok, so far I found out that it is a script called numlock the activates the numlock. But I do not know how to boot the LiveCD without this script. How can I disable scripts I do not need?

Regards

More
17 years 8 months ago #546 by Joël Cugnoni
Replied by Joël Cugnoni on topic Re:problems during install on hard drive
I found some hints on PcLinuxOs forums:
try to boot in verbose mode (press esc in the loading screen) and enter Interactive boot mode by pressing \"i\" when it is asked.
Then you will be able to selectively load each service... so accept (press enter) all services except \"Numlock\" (press N) and this should disable the numlock state.

I have tested it in VMWare and it seems to work.

If you do this procedure before you start an HDD install, this should normally disable Numlock on the HDD install.

For more informations, try to look for \"numlock\" in PCLinuxOs.com forums, there are a lot of posts on the subject and a lot of possible solutions too.

Good luck

Joël Cugnoni - a.k.a admin
www.caelinux.com

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds