The forum is in read only mode.

Installing CAELinux

• jeanmi
  • Topic Author
More
16 years 6 months ago #1483 by jeanmi
Installing CAELinux was created by jeanmi
Hi,
How can I install CAELinux on my HDD to use CAELInux without the LiveDVD?
Thanks,
More
16 years 6 months ago #1487 by Joël Cugnoni
Replied by Joël Cugnoni on topic Re:Installing CAELinux
Hello,

you should find all the necessary steps in the "installation guide" available in the Documentation section of the CAELinux Wiki: www.caelinux.org/wiki/index.php/Doc:Main

Joël Cugnoni
www.caelinux.com

Joël Cugnoni - a.k.a admin
www.caelinux.com
  • jeanmi
  • Topic Author
More
16 years 6 months ago #1491 by jeanmi
Replied by jeanmi on topic Re:Installing CAELinux
Hello,

Thanks a lot.

"Install PCLinuxOS" on the desktop could be a confusion if you want to install CAELinuxOS (and PCLinuxOS at the same time) from the liveDVD. But the installation process end with PCLinuxOS and CAELinux on your computer! Great.

Jeanmi,
More
16 years 6 months ago #1492 by Don Ward
Replied by Don Ward on topic Re:Installing CAELinux
:dry: I get the following message after I complete the HDD installation (install on entire 80 Gb drive using only default options) from the live DVD. The machine is a Compaq V5201. with an AMD Sempron processor, 512 Mb RAM, nothing else on the HDD. This message comes up when I attempt to login with either the caelinux userid or my own personal userid:

"Call to lnusertemp failed (temporary directories full?). Check your installation."

When I click the "okay" button on the lower left corner of the message, the login screen reappears.

I also tried logging in after these two userids failed as root. That login goes okay; however, I am not comfortable logging in each time as root. It would be too easy to corrupt the installation.

I tried reinstalling from the DVD twice with the same result each time. I burned the DVD from a downloaded ISO image at low speed (2.5X) and verified the MD5sum on the burned disk.

Thanks in advance for any tips you may have about this error message.
  • jeanmi
  • Topic Author
More
16 years 6 months ago #1493 by jeanmi
Replied by jeanmi on topic Re:Installing CAELinux
Hi Don Ward,
Be careful of the your keyboard settings (and language) before installation. You can choose it after but the system keeps the previous keyboard settings.
Hope this will be helpful,
More
16 years 6 months ago #1494 by Joël Cugnoni
Replied by Joël Cugnoni on topic Re:Installing CAELinux
Hi,

it seems that your root partition is too small...

a) did you do a manual partitionning as described in the installation manual (www.caelinux.org/wiki/index.php/Doc:InstallationGuide)?

In this case, your root partition should be more than 15Gb and you would have no "home" partition. Please check this; normally if you follow the recommendation of the installation guide, you should not have this problem.

b) or did you use the "automatic" full hdd install option?

if you have selected any "automatic" partitionning option, the installation will not be successfull. The automatic partionning logic that is included in the installation script has not been updated to reflect the space requirements of CAELinux, so it will always create a too small root partition.

I hope that this will help you solve this problem

Joël Cugnoni
www.caelinux.com

Post edited by: Administrator, at: 2007/11/20 16:36

Joël Cugnoni - a.k.a admin
www.caelinux.com
Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds