Open Foam im Cae Terminal

More
14 years 3 days ago #4116 by Andy
Open Foam im Cae Terminal was created by Andy
Hallo zusammen,
ich möchte mich in OpenFoam einarbeiten und habe mir dazu eine caelinux2009 live dvd geholt. Das Preprocessing möchte ich im Salome durchführen. So hab ich mein Modell erstellt (klappt auch ganz gut soweit) und wie im Tutorial beschrieben als Ideas rausgeschrieben. Nun habe ich aber das Problem das ich im CAe Terminal nicht FoamX bzw. openfoam allgemein starten kann. Im Order von Openfoam hab ich schon gesucht aber auch nichts gefunden. Da die Zeit drängt wäre ich echt um jede Hilfe froh.

Vielen Dank und Viele Grüße

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 days ago #4117 by Claus
Replied by Claus on topic Re:Open Foam im Cae Terminal
Which version of OpenFOAM does CAELinux come with? I seem to remember that FoamX was discontinued some time ago. Im afraid you have to learn OpenFOAM by editing the so-called 'dictionary' files manually.

Regards,

Claus

Code_Aster release : STA11.4 on OpenSUSE 12.3 64 bits - EDF/Intel version

More
14 years 3 days ago #4120 by Andy
Replied by Andy on topic Re:Open Foam im Cae Terminal
Hi

there is Open Foam 1.5 installed. But how should I create this folder architecture the control decks and the mesh files, when no OpenFoam Preproc. is available. >Or can I use another exportformat of salome with copy and paste of points faces, cells and so on into an existing case of the library?

Thanks again

More
14 years 3 days ago #4121 by Claus
While Im not fond of OpenFOAM (yet), as far as I remember, you're supposed to create the file-hierarchy yourself and populate it with the relevant files.
www.openfoam.com/docs/user/case-file-structure.php#x17-930004.1

You should export your mesh as Ideas format and convert like so:
www.openfoam.com/docs/user/mesh-conversion.php#x27-1690005.5.4

In general it would probably be a good idea to run through the tutorials here to learn the ways around OF:
www.openfoam.com/docs/user/

I hate the lack of graphical file-management in OpenFOAM, this is why I haven't really played around with it much. Don't need to at the moment either :dry:

More
14 years 2 days ago #4126 by Claus
Actually, it seems there's an interface for OpenFOAM brewing here: www.discretizer.org/node/14

The project has evolved very much since I last took a look at it, so it might be worth a shot. The link is to a few screencasts of how to use it.

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds