OpenFoam and CAE Terminals open but immediately close

More
3 years 8 months ago #9571 by Pablo
Hello,

My name is Pablo, I am an Aerospace Engineer and trying CAELinux for the first time. I think CAELinux is great and it has been going great so far until I tried to setup some OpenFoam simulations.

Just like the title of this post says, the OpenFoam Terminal and the CAE Terminal open when executed but immediately close and I don't know why. I have been searching on the internet but I couldn't find a previous case of this problem.

I would appreciate some help because I have high hopes for this OS and plan to do a lot of simulations in the future.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
Pablo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #9572 by Pablo
*UPDATE

When I execute the command "bash --rcfile /opt/caelinux/.bashrc-OpenFOAM", I get the message:
"Error: no OpenFOAM installation found in /opt/openfoam*"

Even though the directory "/opt/openfoam7" exists.

3 years 8 months ago #9575 by Joël Cugnoni
Replied by Joël Cugnoni on topic OpenFoam and CAE Terminals open but immediately close
Hello

thanks for your feedback.
This is strange. Probably an error in the script .bashrc-OpenFOAM; but I have never observed that issue in my numerous tests.

To fix this, you can edit /opt/caelinux/.bashrc-OpenFOAM:
sudo nano /opt/caelinux/.bashrc-OpenFOAM
and hardcode the call to the OpenFOAM v7 environment: clear everything and then add just this line:
source /opt/openfoam7/etc/bashrc

and save (CTRL+o)

I don't know why this script fails, so if you can tell me more about how you are running CAELinux it could help me: are you running it in live mode or is it after installation?

Can you upload a screenshot of the output of
ls -al /opt
find /opt -maxdepth 1 -iname openfoam* -type d

Cheers

More
3 years 7 months ago #9580 by Pablo
Thank you. I did what you said and now the OpenFoam Terminal and the CAE Terminal don't close immediately like before.

I am running CAElinux from my HD, 100% installed. I have to say though, that because I was not able to use OpenFoam 7, I installed OpenFoam 8 to run the simulations I was planning to run.

Screenshot attached.

Cheers
Attachments:

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds