installing CAELinux2008

• lacaca
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 week ago #9420 by lacaca
installing CAELinux2008 was created by lacaca
Dear all,

I have tried to instal CAELinux 2008 on my old laptop.
Downloaded the file ftp://cae-linux:salome@caelinux.dyndns.org/distrib/caelinux2008.1/CAELinux2008.iso I have followed the installation instruction but at the end of the installation the system start directly with Windows without to show me the dual boot.

Can anyone help me with suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #9430 by vit
Replied by vit on topic installing CAELinux2008
As I've understand, you installed CAELinux 2008 on hard drive with previously installed Windows. So, the problem solution dependends on that where the PcLinuxOs bootloader is located. The windows bootloader seems to have precedence and it doesn't know how to chain to PcLinuxOs bootloader.

Recently, I tried to download some CAELinux for x32 - 2008 and 2007 - by these links
ftp://cae-linux:salome@caelinux.dyndns.org/distrib/caelinux2008.1/CAELinux2008.iso
ftp://cae-linux:salome@caelinux.dyndns.org/distrib/caelinux2007.1/CAELinux2007.iso
but get only "530 Login authentication failed", i.e. login = caelinux , password = caelinux pass no more.
How did you manage to download ftp://cae-linux:salome@caelinux.dyndns.org/distrib/caelinux2008.1/CAELinux2008.iso ?

Moreover, I tried to find CAELinux 2008 or 2007 somewhere else in internet, but the most ancient version that I found was 2009. The most ancient version on sourceforge.net is 2011:
sourceforge.net/projects/caelinux/files/CAELinux2011/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds