Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Bending line for changing cross section area

• H. Ebb
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #8534 by H. Ebb
Hey,
I want to create a bending line in Code_Aster for a body with a changing cross section area e.g. a cone or a frustum.
In AFFE_CARA_ELEM it is possible to choose the dimensions of a body with a constant cross section area, from which the second moment of inertia is calculated.
So I want to choose chaniging dimensions or rather choose a changing moment of inertia.
Is this possible in Code_Aster?
If not, I have another question:
I know the number of the meshing points and want to display them automatically in the post-processing step.
Is it possible to choose some points from meshing and get the result in the post-processing step? Maybe with a python code embedded in the *comm-file?

Thank you very much

Hanna
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by H. Ebb.
More
8 years 3 months ago #8538 by Ben
Hey Hanna,

I guess I should be possible to do so, go check in the test cases. One I found: code-aster.org/doc/default/en/man_v/v3/v3.01.400.pdf

For your second question, you can define a GROUP_NO with the DEFI_GROUP command (somethine like
mesh=DEFI_GROUP(
MAILLAGE=mesh,
reuse=mesh,
CREA_GROUP_NO=_F(NOM='NODES',NOEUD=(#LISTE OF YOUR NODES TO DIPLAY#),),
),
);

and then in your IMPR_RESU command specify the GROUP_NO='NODES'. That should di it. If it doesn't, try to do the same but instead of group_no do it with group_ma
Or you can directly in the IMPR_RESU command you can specify the node you want to display.
The following user(s) said Thank You: H. Ebb
  • H. Ebb
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #8566 by H. Ebb
Hey,
Thanks for your response.
Due to my last exams I haven't had to check this earlier. So I tried it today and it works :)
More
8 years 1 month ago #8592 by Hans Peter
Replied by Hans Peter on topic Re: Bending line for changing cross section area
This was really helpful, Appreciate it!
Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds