OpenFOAM Prblm "Max Number of iteration Exceeded"

• Alexandre Jousse
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 8 months ago #7697 by Alexandre Jousse
OpenFOAM Prblm "Max Number of iteration Exceeded" was created by Alexandre Jousse
Hello,

Being new to all these concepts of CAD, CFD and else, I am really impressed by this Linux distribution, thanks to the developers. Your work is fantastic.

I have one question with the use of OpenFOAM.

For my simulation, as fluid mechanics is a distant field ( more of an electrical engineer), I'm using the parameters I found in the OpenFOAM tutorial using sonicFoam "Forward Step". I would like to have some results of my geometry at transonic speed and I think it's the good solver to use (correct me if i'm wrong). My geometry is a 2D pipe with a valve inclined at 45ยบ (extruded to have a 3D model). I created my mesh by defining Inlet, Outlet, Wall and a top/bottom symmetry plane.

Here is my problem: when I start the calculation, after a few iterations, I have an error message.

--> FOAM FATAL ERROR:
Maximum number of iterations exceeded

From function specieThermo<Thermo>::T(scalar f, scalar T0, scalar (specieThermo<Thermo>::*F)(const scalar) const, scalar (specieThermo<Thermo>::*dFdT)(const scalar) const) const
in file /home/opencfd/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.1.1/src/thermophysicalModels/specie/lnInclude/specieThermoI.H at line 69.

FOAM aborting

#0 Foam::error::printStack(Foam::Ostream&) in "/opt/openfoam211/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib/libOpenFOAM.so"
#1 Foam::error::abort() in "/opt/openfoam211/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib/libOpenFOAM.so"
#2 Foam::specieThermo<Foam::hConstThermo<Foam::perfectGas> >::T(double, double, double (Foam::specieThermo<Foam::hConstThermo<Foam::perfectGas> >::*)(double) const, double (Foam::specieThermo<Foam::hConstThermo<Foam::perfectGas> >::*)(double) const, double (Foam::specieThermo<Foam::hConstThermo<Foam::perfectGas> >::*)(double) const) const in "/opt/openfoam211/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib/libbasicThermophysicalModels.so"
#3 Foam::ePsiThermo<Foam::pureMixture<Foam::constTransport<Foam::specieThermo<Foam::hConstThermo<Foam::perfectGas> > > > >::calculate() in "/opt/openfoam211/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib/libbasicThermophysicalModels.so"
#4 Foam::ePsiThermo<Foam::pureMixture<Foam::constTransport<Foam::specieThermo<Foam::hConstThermo<Foam::perfectGas> > > > >::correct() in "/opt/openfoam211/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib/libbasicThermophysicalModels.so"
in "/opt/openfoam211/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/bin/sonicFoam"
#6 __libc_start_main in "/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6"
in "/opt/openfoam211/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/bin/sonicFoam"
Aborted (core dumped)

I've tried looking on other topics on other forums but I could'nt find yet what's wrong...

Thanks in advance for your help,

Alex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #8505 by David
Hi Alex,

I know it was a long, long time ago, but could you find a solution to your problem? I'm currently facing the same problem.

Thx,

David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: catux
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds